Altimeter watch (Read 108 times)

DoppleBock

What is a inexpensive altimeter watch.  I do not care bout GPS fucntions only elevation gain over distance traveled?  I really do not even care about what elevation I am at, just vertical feet gained over distance.

Trying to avoid paying a couple hundred or more $ for features I care nothing about.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Maybe a used Garmin Fenix or Suunto Ambit?  I'm not aware of any without the GPS and other stuff, but I bet you could get one used.  Hell, even the Garmin Forerunner 920 has an altimeter, but again you page for all of the features.   I've heard of the altimeter watches having problems getting clogged up with gunk and losing accuracy though so it may be a crap shoot with a used one.

NHLA

altitach  stopwatch & altimeter. Tracks accumulated elevation gain.

PROTIP: be leary of SUUNTO stuff, and their custty service sucks, or at least used to. I had an altimeter watch from them, was a first generation forgot the model now, but the face would always fog up, always. I sent it back, they sent me a "new" one, it was refurbished. Same thing happened, 2 more times. The last time i sent the watch back they said i voided the warranty, I was like WUT, wtf do you mean. i haven't done anything to it. They gave me some mumbo jumbo, and said that they would send it back unrepaired. I told them, just keep it, it sucks and i will never buy anything from them again.  At the time i think the watch was around $350 bucks, it was gift, but still, they were asses about their product.  My experience could have been an isolated incident, i'm not sure. I've never bought anything from them since.

Kalsarikännit

PROTIP: be leary of SUUNTO stuff, and their custty service sucks, or at least used to. I had an altimeter watch from them, was a first generation forgot the model now, but the face would always fog up. At the time i think the watch was around $350 bucks, it was gift, but still, they were asses about their product.  My experience could have been an isolated incident, i'm not sure. I've never bought anything from them since.

+1, +1, +1

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TJoseph

I just got a Fenix 3.  It has lots of features I don't care anything about, but I like the watch a lot.  I have also been using it as my everyday watch as well as a running watch.

Wing

Joggaholic

PROTIP: be leary of SUUNTO stuff, and their custty service sucks, or at least used to. I had an altimeter watch from them, was a first generation forgot the model now, but the face would always fog up, always. I sent it back, they sent me a "new" one, it was refurbished. Same thing happened, 2 more times. The last time i sent the watch back they said i voided the warranty, I was like WUT, wtf do you mean. i haven't done anything to it. They gave me some mumbo jumbo, and said that they would send it back unrepaired. I told them, just keep it, it sucks and i will never buy anything from them again.  At the time i think the watch was around $350 bucks, it was gift, but still, they were asses about their product.  My experience could have been an isolated incident, i'm not sure. I've never bought anything from them since.

Their software platform is also crap. You HAVE to go through their stupid website to do anything, not just for uploading your log, but also for changing any watch settings. There is no offline support. It's fine until you find out that their site is down once every few months for "maintenance", and last Christmas it was down for a week.