2015 sub 20 5k (Read 379 times)

Cyberic

Thought I'd bump this thread .... anyone doing any racing?

Ran a 19:13 Sunday.  Fast, flat, certified course.  Good racing weather.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't go a little quicker but I slowed in mile 2 before picking it up again for mile 3.  Still the fastest 5K I've run since July of last year.  I'll take it and be happy!

Training-wise I've been getting in some decent mileage and even a steady diet of workouts.  It's starting to budge the needle I think.

That's nice kencamet! 19:13, you're about to go to the sub 19 thread!

I spent all summer preparing for marathon, and have not raced any more 5Ks. Got a 3:14 though, so happy about that too!

C-R

Thought I'd bump this thread .... anyone doing any racing?

Ran a 19:13 Sunday.  Fast, flat, certified course.  Good racing weather.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't go a little quicker but I slowed in mile 2 before picking it up again for mile 3.  Still the fastest 5K I've run since July of last year.  I'll take it and be happy!

Training-wise I've been getting in some decent mileage and even a steady diet of workouts.  It's starting to budge the needle I think.

Nice. I need to find time to get a few more 5ks before XC season starts.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

That's a good marathon Cyberic99. You ready to drop down and start some 5K training?  You'll have a great base to add some speed.   Oh, is there such a thing as a sub-19 thread?  I figured I'd just stay on this thread since I'm closer to sub-20 than sub-19, if I improve enough maybe jump down to the sub-18 thread.  I originally posted there at the beginning of the year but that was before getting into my training again and realizing how far I've fallen.  It would take a near miracle for me to approach the 17'is again. Sad

CR - XC season hasn't started up there yet?  We're already 3 meets into it with the fourth this Saturday (which I will miss).  I've run 2 of the XC series, a 3.1 miler and a 4 miler, and I think those are helping me for sure.

Best of luck to you guys.

Cyberic

That's a good marathon Cyberic99. You ready to drop down and start some 5K training?  You'll have a great base to add some speed.   

The initial plan was that after my marathon, either I started working on 5Ks and 10Ks again, or, depending on the result, I'd hit Boston. I had a good result. So I'll be doing speed work in the fall as I really need to work on that, but it won't be my main concern in the following months.