RA Update (Apr 17) (Read 1457 times)

eric :)

Hi everyone, I just made another batch of updates to the site. The second most notable change is how the server handles your requests. It should make better use of all the server's CPUs. It should also keep you logged in longer even if you don't enable the remember me option. This is a big architectural change so please let me know if something doesn't behave right so I can fix it immediately. eric :-)
    anneb

Hi Eric-- Would your update affect the recent posts showing? I am noticing that at some times they are current and at some times they are stale - like just now (9:23p) the most recent was about 30 minutes ago, even after a refresh of the browser. Not that this is bothering me! Just being attentive I guess. Wink

Anne

EdenAurora

When I try to upload from GPS it gets stuck on "Downloading from GPS: Receiving tracks (100%). If I try to click on another tab it locks up the browser. I'm using a Mac with Leopard 10.5.6 and have tried it in both Safari 3.2.1 and Firefox 3.0.8. My GPS is a Garmin Forerunner 305. Let me know if you need any other information.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hi Eric-- Would your update affect the recent posts showing? I am noticing that at some times they are current and at some times they are stale - like just now (9:23p) the most recent was about 30 minutes ago, even after a refresh of the browser. Not that this is bothering me! Just being attentive I guess. Wink
          +1

Hi aeb75, I noticed the problem shortly after the upload. The problem is indeed caused by the latest changes. I don't want to go into the details because it's really complicated. The fix is just as complicated, which took me a while to complete. I made another upload that have fixed the problem. The topics list is empty right now. It will repopulate as you create posts so start posting! eric :-)

When I try to upload from GPS it gets stuck on "Downloading from GPS: Receiving tracks (100%). If I try to click on another tab it locks up the browser. I'm using a Mac with Leopard 10.5.6 and have tried it in both Safari 3.2.1 and Firefox 3.0.8. My GPS is a Garmin Forerunner 305. Let me know if you need any other information.
              EdenAurora, This sounds like your Garmin needs a hard reset. Take it off the cradle and press and hold mode and the lap (reset) button for several seconds and try uploading again. Usually that fixes the problem. eric :-)