Two Y Axes (Read 785 times)

Would it be possible to add the option for a second Y axis so that I can plot three data points against each other?

Mainly interested in x: date, y1: weight, y2: pace.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

eric :)

This is definitely possible.  I am considering using Flash for charts.  I avoided requiring additional plugins to use RA but since Flash is so prevalent, it may not affect many users while offering the niceties of dynamic charts.  I'll add multiple y-axis support then.

Maybe it's just my computers, but is there any way to (a) have the graph be larger (like the map can be full-screened, for example) and (b) customize one or both axes?  When I look at things like pace, the axis defaults to something like 0:00 to 30:00 min/mi ... making my pace appear to be a pretty straight line.  Ditto for HR and whatnot.

Not critical, just asking.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apple computers is trying to move away from Flash, FWIW, and to HTML5.

xhristopher

I am considering using Flash for charts.  I avoided requiring additional plugins to use RA but since Flash is so prevalent, it may not affect many users while offering the niceties of dynamic charts.  I'll add multiple y-axis support then.

Though I really like the idea of dynamic charts and don't mind flash on the desktop, I (and others) often use RA on iOS devices which don't support Flash.

xhristopher

I wouldn't be surprised if the next iPad and iPhone eventually, quietly support Flash just because they can with dual core processers and all, not that it won't suck battery life... Steve Jobs has a long history of telling us not to like things until he tells us it's ok to like and buy them. Tablets, for example. In the case of Flash it looks like Apple ultimately wants so see it dead.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In the case of Adobe it looks like Apple ultimately wants so see it dead.

FTFY.

eric :)

I looked into HTML5 several months ago.  Even got some wicked animation working as a proof of concept for animated graphs.  In the end, I concluded that full HTML5 support is not ready because it is unrealistic to require all users to upgrade to the latest browsers to use RA.  The alternative is to add backward compatibility, which is just as complicated.

CliveFenster,

Have you tried the relative scale option next to the y-axis dropdown?  That should fix the problem.

xhristopher

FTFY.

That or owned. Apple could buy Adobe with cash, keep what they want and put the rest in that cute little trash can then select "Secure Empty Trash..."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I looked into HTML5 several months ago.  Even got some wicked animation working as a proof of concept for animated graphs.  In the end, I concluded that full HTML5 support is not ready because it is unrealistic to require all users to upgrade to the latest browsers to use RA.  The alternative is to add backward compatibility, which is just as complicated.

Yeah, I think this is a common concern right now.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Fusion Charts look kinda pretty.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.