2015 goals and training (Read 367 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I just don't want anything to hurt

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

I just don't want anything to hurt

You picked the wrong hobby. Try Mah Jongg.

Dave

npaden

#1 is to keep my streak going of running at least 100 miles every month.  Right now I'm at 34 months in a row and would like to continue that well beyond 2015.

#2 is to run a half marathon at sub 7:30 pace.  I think that is 1:38:15 or something like that.  I think I'm really close to being in shape to do it, just need to find the right race and execute a good performance.

#3 is to run a 50K trail race.  Just want to finish.  I signed up for one in 2014 but stopped at 20 miles due to falling repeatedly with a not quite healed collarbone.

#4 is to run 2,015 miles.  I'm not that adamant about this one, but to achieve everything else, I'll probably need to get some miles logged.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Improve my race times and run a shit-ton of miles.

Cannot do with former without the latter.

Ready, go.

No more marathons

Adopt as my mantra - easy runs are supposed to be easy.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bhearn

Since my 24-hour race over New Year's my goals have gotten a little more specific.

< 18:00 at Umstead 100 in March.

Spartathlon 246k, September -- cutoff is 36 hours; I'm thinking 30-32ish. But I will be happy just to finish.

Make the US 24-hour team for 2016 (if there is a team for 2016), by running 150ish at a 24-hour. Likely Desert Solstice in December, but I may try sooner.

I still need to check off that damn 2:55 marathon. I'm not getting any younger. But I don't know when I can train for that. It's been almost two years since my last marathon PR.

MTA tentatively, marathon PR attempt in June at Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathon.

Joann Y

I don't want to jinx myself by stating any training goals.

Racing goals..mile <6:20, 5k <21:30, half marathon <1:45. That last one might be soft, not sure, I'm not that confident on how much speed I can maintain over distance.

Still looking at one marathon plus maybe two halfs.