New Milestone REACHED (Read 909 times)

So do the "other" SJ.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is that? For real. Stump Jump? That one also falls badly on my schedule year in and year out. Undecided
        Stump Jump? That one also falls badly on my schedule year in and year out. Undecided
        Cry Roll eyes No Sleepy Tight lipped

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Congrats on all 3 accomplishments slaptear2!! And you sport the same moustache my husband does when we go running! Big grin
            Keep a goin. Congratulations on clearing a serious hurdle. I know you are feeling great about it.

an amazing likeness

Hmm...you don't look anything like your avatar. Congats on the double - digits, log that baby and analyze it ! Wink MTA -- I'm not as serious a runner as a lot of folks here, but I do generally get in a long easy run over 10 miles most weekends. And, to this day, I always feel good about crossing that 10mi barrier, it just feels like an accomplishment. So, I'll wager your second 10 miler will feel just a good as your first, and then your 10th will still feel great.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

10 miles is a big milestone! Congrats to you... enjoy a well earned swollen ego for a while.

-------------------------------------
                5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

De-slacking in progress

10 miles is a big milestone! Congrats to you... enjoy a well earned swollen ego for a while.
                  No worries- my Ironman brother will be coming home for Christmas. He's going to run with me when I hit the 13.1 mile mark for the first time on December 27th long run (per my running schedule). He can do Ironman HM and full marathons slightly faster than what my current just running pace is so I'm sure there will be plenty of HTFU and just run coming out of his mouth. Of course, he's a Marine, been Tri- athlete for about 5 years and is 5 year younger than me. Just more motivation for me to achieve my goal. But he'll be there to bust my ego !! NOT

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, slap! It was my first 10 miler that got me thinking that a half was within reach. I finished it this past week-end.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul