how far could you keep up with Haile Gebrselassie (Read 979 times)

jeffdonahue

According to the McMillan calculator/predictor when I enter in my 5K time I should be able to run a 400 in 1:11 so I guess I might be able to keep up with him for a 1/4 mile then. Wow, that's fast.

Right on Hereford...

Geb, schmeb. I want to know how far I could keep up with spaniel at HIS marathon pace!

jules2

I ride lead bike for marathons sometimes, it is an amazing experience to witness the front end of a marathon as they are going at a pace far faster than a lot of people can cycle let alone run.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Marquess of Utopia

According to mcmillanrunning a little more than a kilometer; but I think if I focused on the mile I could run a 4:45.
            I'm going to say 600 to 800m. I'm with him through 400 easy, pushing hard 400-600, and struggling 600-800.
            Run like you stole something.

Future running partner.

Maybe the the whole race. If I tie his shoelaces together! Big grin
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

He was going something like 4:46 at Berlin, right? I'd be dropped before the first mile marker...
                Oh. Well, I've run many 4:46 marathons.
                Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.