Garmin Forerunner 45 Data Issue? (Read 34 times)

sub520

Hi Everyone - has anyone found that their Garmin 45 (or other Garmin products) are not reporting all data?  I am looking at the Garmin Connect website. This has happened a couple of times to me since the last Garmin update a couple of weeks ago, so I assume it is a bug.  Yesterday I went for an early morning run - the workout was recorded with no problem.  Took off my Garmin to shower and allow it to sync/charge, then put it back on before heading off to coach at a track meet.  At the track meet, I know the Garmin was recording my steps because I received a notification that I hit my goal for steps for the day.  I had my Garmin all on the rest of the day then slept with it on.  Went to bed around 9:30pm.

I woke up this morning around 5:30am and went for my morning run.  Synced the data and I only have data from 12:01am onward.  All the data from my last run - all my movement at the track meet yesterday - the number of steps, heart rate, stress level, etc - all of that is blank after my workout yesterday.  But at 12:01am, my Garmin started recording my heart rate again, the body charge graph was started over, and the number of steps started again.  It said I slept for 5 hours 28 minutes, but I was clearly asleep many hours before 12:01am.

Is there a known bug?  Or any way for me to get that other data?  I know it has to be there because I received the notification yesterday that I hit my goal for steps, which is over 12000, but the total number of steps recorded yesterday and showing on Garmin Connect is under 10000 - in essence, just my run yesterday.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

I have the Garmin Forerunner35 and all my data seems to be there. Note I also have the data automatically imported to STRAVA and my RA log. I suspect the issue has to do with the update which must have erased your data or made it inaccessible. I never do the updates to Garmin Express myself because my computer is a bit wonky and Garmin Express will not open for me after an update. I suggest going to the Garmin site and look for technical help.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

sub520

Got it - thanks for the feedback