Polar Dash Half Marathon (Read 1444 times)

spinach

Lake Wobegon is a great race.  Well organized by the RD (you can tell she's a runner and knows what runners want and need in a race) and the course is very flat.  However, if you need a lot of support, i.e. spectators, this one may not be for you. It's a very small race and is sparse for spectators.  Those few that were out there were very vocal and enthusiastic as were the volunteers at the water stops.  

I'm going back this year to see if I can improve on my PR (which I ran at that race).  

I agree with Don,  Wobegon is a great race and Sharon does a great job as the RD.  Not only is the the race well run and well supported at the aid stations, [I may be a bit biased since it is put on by my running club] I think it is the fastest course I have run on.  I will run for the fifth time this year and I sure hope I will be back under 3:05 the way I was the first three years.

that's why I said I'm "not sure" and to check.  My time for 2010 Monster put my time in the USATF rankings so it had to count.  It's runners responsibilites to make sure events are qualifying events.  TO knows that many runners want to go to other meets and need times to do it, so Monster and the Marathon must be legit.  Polar Dash, Get Lucky...maybe not.  Good to be sure cause you don't want to find out after.

Then again Securian is certified and we know what happened last year...Opps.

Anywho, I'm still doing it again this year and attending the preview run.  Come on 13 miles, no whammies

HermosaBoy

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

The 10k and half were supposedly certified...

well there you go, last year they were not...Good to know.   disregard my previous ill informed commentary Blush

Our Polar Dash 10K and Half Marathon events are timed races.  Both courses are USATF certified.  (it was still short...)
          You can take a moment and see the official certification documents here!

Half Marathon USATF course certification
          10K USATF course certification

360 20 21 48

<script></script>

I Ain't Dead Yet!

well there you go, last year they were not...Good to know.   disregard my previous ill informed commentary Blush

Our Polar Dash 10K and Half Marathon events are timed races.  Both courses are USATF certified.  (it was still short...)
            You can take a moment and see the official certification documents here!

Half Marathon USATF course certification
            10K USATF course certification

360 20 21 48

Willie, why the heck was I thinking you were running Polar Dash?!  I looked for you when I was thrown into the mix pacing 1:45.  Saw Chris HW, but not you.

Yeah, TO events can be weird. I know that the biggies like Minneapolis Marathon and Monster Dash are certified.  The Monster Dash from this year was definitely certified because I got an email from MDRA saying I earned points in the MN rankings from my race at that one.  Not so sure about Get Lucky from last year since they had to move it to St. Paul at almost the last minute.

Hoping I get to pace a legitimate 13.1 course at Securian.  You gonna run w/ me in the 1:30 group?  See ya tomorrow for the preview run.

My hair is gone and I'm almost blind
            The days of my youth are far behind
            My neck is stiff, I can't turn my head
            Can't hear one-half that's being said
            And this is the message I want you to get
            I'm still a-kicking, and I ain't dead yet.

"Hoping I get to pace a legitimate 13.1 course at Securian.  You gonna run w/ me in the 1:30 group?  See ya tomorrow for the preview run."

My fitness level for the 13.1 right now is questionable.  My mileage has yet to break 40 for the week.  I've been doing intervals focused for indoor track (nothing more than a mile) and I tempo run...wow when did I last do one of those?  I am catering to a crampy hamstring right now, but think I'm ahead of the injured list and tomorrow will be a good predictor of where I stand just weeks before Securian. 

1:30?  Hmmm....Think its a bit steep for me.  But who knows, I get to the line, gun goes off and we see what happens.   Oh wait a tic, I got to register for that bad boy.  I mean where's my head.  On it now...Regardless Don, I'll see you tomorrow and also before Securian.

Don and Willie-  Y'all need to join up here:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/

Good times to be had, I promise.  Even though 2000 miles in a year is a walk in the park for you guys, this group is fun!

"I aim to misbehave."

Don and Willie-  Y'all need to join up here:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/

Good times to be had, I promise.  Even though 2000 miles in a year is a walk in the park for you guys, this group is fun!

ohhh that means a commit to tracking miles for the entire year...that's a big step for me.

And I'm off to a roaring start with two runs so far this week.  do I get 1/2 credit for bike miles? ( I know, just kidding)