Farewell my friend farewell (warning this has a sad ending!) (Read 1804 times)

BCR, that's probably the most entertaining post you've ever written.  I like it.

Glad you liked it but I don't think it is one of my best pieces of work.  Maybe top 10 but definatley not top 5. 

BTW - What is a Liquid Refresh Mile?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

SMART Approach

Damn!!  I was hoping it was a post from jayskydee...

LOL

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I really don't get streaking.  Good riddance to that a**hole is all I have to say.

Whoa!!! Hold up there. If we could get Wellesley College to buy into streaking, I think there's benefit, but yes run streaks tend to make us do things which we probably should not.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
        Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

I look my best blurry!

Damn!!  I was hoping it was a post from jayskydee...

If it were, I would be ignoring it. But this, I like! I haven't made it past 50+ days and that ended miserably. I have taken 1 day off this year already. I was traveling that day and thought it was a good chance to let the whole idea of 2011 being one continuous streak. No need for it. I need the rest and want to be fast. I love that fast fresh feeling so much more that a number on my training log! I'm with ya, BCR! Be strong!!! Resist your urge! Running more doesn't mean running every single day without fail. See? I'm not so out of control.
            If it were, I would be ignoring it. But this, I like! I haven't made it past 50+ days and that ended miserably. I have taken 1 day off this year already. I was traveling that day and thought it was a good chance to let the whole idea of 2011 being one continuous streak. No need for it. I need the rest and want to be fast. I love that fast fresh feeling so much more that a number on my training log! I'm with ya, BCR! Be strong!!! Resist your urge! Running more doesn't mean running every single day without fail. See? I'm not so out of control.

When I travel to Japan, we practically lose one day.  We leave at about 1PM and arrive Narita about 5PM the next day.  You take a train to Tokyo and it takes about 2 hours and get to the hotel, situate yourself, etc., etc....  I usually try to get out and run even for 20-minutes.  Man, Wannaberunner, you miss a day!!  Shame on you!!  Find yourself another coach!! ;o)  Just kidding...

But, here I'm not kidding; I thought you were using our Recovery Indicators?????  If you were having P...; I mean, melt-down or something, it should tell you and, depending on the condition, may tell you to take a day off.  If you get to the point where you'll need a day off, it's because the program is above your head.  That's not training, that's straining.  But, if you're not ready to do the next day's workout and still go head and do it for the sake of keeping the streak; now it's becoming, in my opinion, something other than training to race well.  That's running for the sake of keeping a streak.  That's fine too.  But that's not what I consider training.

I have taken 1 day off this year already.   

Kristen, you might as well just quit running ----

Champions are made when no one is watching

I look my best blurry!

Anyone interested in coaching a very motivated wannaberunner who would refrain from the behavior exhibited in the above post? The job pays well!!! MTA- Recovery indicators don't tell me to take a day off just because my legs are falling off. I only get a day off if I can't sleep, my heart rate is elevated or I turned into a waif. Right?
                  Anyone interested in coaching a very motivated wannaberunner who would refrain from the behavior exhibited in the above post? The job pays well!!! MTA- Recovery indicators don't tell me to take a day off just because my legs are falling off. I only get a day off if I can't sleep, my heart rate is elevated or I turned into a waif. Right?

Leg soreness....!  Yeah, that should be a part of it too and I sort of argued but...  I can't remember why I lost???  I think it was something like Dick saying that, BEFORE your legs start to hurt, RI should tell you.  At least that was his experience with AW athletes.  And that's what RI is all about.

I'm not sure about your not being able to sleep part but you know what Arthur Lydiard used to say about elevated HR; "It depends on who you're sleeping with..."  Better have a chat with Dreamless night??? ;o) 

By the way, what's a "waif"?

A very skinny person. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

A very skinny person. 

May need some extra protein powder...

Feeling the growl again

Glad you liked it but I don't think it is one of my best pieces of work.  Maybe top 10 but definatley not top 5. 

BTW - What is a Liquid Refresh Mile?

You're right, it would be hard to top racing with plastic baggies on your feet.  Wink

A liquid refresh mile refers to tracking alcohol intake.  Had to be there.  And I have gotten lazy on that one a) because logging it serves little purpose and b) I've cut back as I try to lose weight and train harder.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I look my best blurry!

A very skinny person. 

I'm withering from lack of good guidance. Help! MTA-and no more honey! Please! That stuff will kill ya. I need some other liquid refreshment.
                          keeponrunning

I would, but you can wup my butt!  

And you guys are seriously enough to convince me to get out and run, even if my legs are tired (not sore, just tired) and I did 12 mi on my bike (which isn't bad since I haven't rode in over a month-too much snow!)  I will probably convince myself to run....knowing me!  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Tim Hardy

We had some special moments that I am going to really miss. So sad to see you go. You pushed me to run in the rain, hail, snow and icy roads. You pushed me to run itemperatures ranging from 100 to -7 degrees. You did a lot of great things to help me reach goals I never thought possible. Such as over 3000 miles for a year or over a 100 for a week. You were a big part of me getting my BQ.  Thank-you for that!

However, you pushed me to do things that I probably should not have done. Like running with tight calf muscles or really sore thigh muscles. You pushed me to run through some minor injuries that I should have listened to but you pushed me on any way always just thinking about you. You were selfish and I was an idiot for not listening to others that said you were not good for me. Well I have had it and I am going to listen to my friend hammy who continues to tell me that I need to let you go so that he can heal. So this is good bye to my 263 day streak.

Don't think I won't miss you and I hope to someday spend time with you again. Just not while I am trying to race. Maybe when I just run to run we see each other again. I want that feeling of fresh legs again and running like the wind. For now this is good bye. Know this is not an easy decision but I am going to do what is best for me this time.

Farewell my friend farewell.Cry

Don't do it; slow down, limp through it and get that mile per day in. You can do it. You can keep your streak alive...

I look my best blurry!

What the heck! Put on your big boy panties and run a mile! You still have time!!!