NB Vazee Pace -- similar to...? (Read 122 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm guessing these are comparable to the Kinvara?  I'm looking for something to replace my Kinvara 5s.  I know the 6s are far too narrow and I haven't heard much re: the 7s.  Since the Vazee Pace is available in a wide I'm thinking I may grab a pair.  Anything else that is similar to the Kinvara and with a wider forefoot (I'd look at men's, but 6.5-7 men's are generally tough to find)?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Not sure about the Vazee pace, but I'm really liking my Zante v2s. My last few shoes are the saucony virratas, sketchers gorun4, kinvara 6, adidas boost and others.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I kind of wondered about the Zantes.  I hate when companies offer multiple shoes that all sorta sound like the same sort of shoe.  And I wish that Shoe Fitr dealie was still around.

~ Sarah Kay

Official Paul Malek

And I wish that Shoe Fitr dealie was still around.

Not all shoes have it available yet (Zante v2 for instance does not), but ShoeFitr is on Amazon now (Click "Find the right size" next to "Fit")

Vazee Pace with ShoeFitr

kilkee

runktrun

The Vazee Pace has a roomier toe box, but I found that the midsole was sculpted funny on the lateral side resulting in a little bump of foam that compressed the base of my fifth metatarsal.  I also felt like the shoe was pitched medially, thus making me feel like I was overpronating a bit more than usual.  That said, I do like running in them so they must be more supportive than they feel.  I prefer the Zante v1 or v2.  The v2 feels a bit firmer, and both seem to be a bit narrower than the Vazee, but the upper is nice and flexible and really adjusts to and hugs your arch.

If you're looking for a wider neutral shoe, try the 1080v2.   It must have a straighter, wider last than either the Vazee or Zante; it's not contoured to your arch the way those shoes are and it has a wider sole.  I think this would be a bit heavier than the kinvara, though.  The baby blue color looks sharp!

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are the Zantes still pretty flexible through the forefoot?  I tend to get angry peroneal tendons with anything that isn't super flexy up front.  I really loved earlier versions of the Nike Frees (the models that were not super minimal), but recent ones don't fit me well at all.

~ Sarah Kay

kilkee

runktrun

Yes, the Zantes are quite flexible, I think more so than the Vazees.  The Vazees have a sprung toe.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

The Thunder

I freaking LOVE the Vazee Pace.  Wonderful, and simple shoe.  Very room toe box, but doesn't fit "sloppy", and I love the midsole foam.  Not too soft, but forgiving and snappy.  LOVE this shoe.  The 1080 has a nice fit, but also is a lot of shoe.  NOT like the Kinvara at all in that regard.  BTW, the new Kinvara is a HUGE improvement over the last one.  My current three favorite shoes to run in are the Vazee Pace, the new Kinvara, and the Brooks Launch.  Can't go wrong any of those if you're a past Kinvara lover.

Go to your local run shop and try some of these one.  Make sure you buy from them too, because they are awesome.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Go to your local run shop and try some of these one.  Make sure you buy from them too, because they are awesome.

Big grin I haven't been to our nearest NB store in a while (they're the only place that actually carries all available width models, most of the time).  Seems like a good time for a road trip!

~ Sarah Kay

not lazy, just tired

Love my Zantes, starting to think of getting a new pair to rotate in. How is the fit of version 2 compared to the first Zante? I haven't run in the Kinvara, but did try on the Kinvara 6, and I think the Zante (regular width, not D) is wider in the toe box than the Kin 6.

Not if it makes sense.

The Thunder

Love my Zantes, starting to think of getting a new pair to rotate in. How is the fit of version 2 compared to the first Zante? I haven't run in the Kinvara, but did try on the Kinvara 6, and I think the Zante (regular width, not D) is wider in the toe box than the Kin 6.

I've only put on the Zante 2's, not the originals.  They are most definately wider than the Kinvara 6's.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Revisiting, since I'm finding that while I really like the Zantes, they are a bit too curved, so even in a wide width I'm having some rubbing issues on my middle toe (because it's about the same length as my longest 2 toes and the shoe angles-in a bit too abruptly).  I really miss the old NB SL-1 last, which was really straight.  I can do the Zantes for maybe 6 miles before my toes start protesting and feeling like I could end up with blisters.

Suggestions of something that might be similar to the Zante (I do like the somewhat larger drop, vs. the Kinvara.  6mm drop seems to be my sweet spot)?  I may just suck it up and give the Kinvara 7 a try, especially if I can find a wider men's in my size (wish there were more availability of men's size 7, in general).

~ Sarah Kay

MoBramExam

I have found the upper part of the Vanzee Pace to be more similar to the Brooks Launch.  I've found the sole to be less cushioned and more flexible than both the Launch and the Kinvara.  I have not been overwhelmed by the Kinvara since v2.  However, I do have a pair of K5s in my current rotation.  I went with the Vanzees as a lightweight trainer as an alternative to move away from the Kinvaras entirely.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Interesting.  I really need to see how the Vazee Pace compares to the Zante.  More flexible than the Kinvara sounds about perfect.

~ Sarah Kay