TGIF - Favorite Drinks (Read 904 times)

Scout7

Beer: (current favorites) Yard's: Love Stout, and their Saison Smutty Nose: Porter John Harvard's: Beer Named Sue (this one is just great...) Rock Bottom: Dragon Stout Troeg's: Troeginator Weyerbacher: Blithering Idiot (barley wine-style), Merry Monks (Belgian ale), Old Heathen (Imperial Stout) Victory: Storm King (Imperial), Golden Monkey (triple) And, I have actually had a bottle of Samuel Adams Triple. It was in a 10 oz. bottle, and tasted a little like fermented maple syrup. Wasn't bad. Also managed to have a bottle of Sami Claus (brewed once a year, real good stuff).
      I'm in the same boat as Claire. I didn't quit drinking for running, though - I just don't have room for it calorie-wise. I don't think I 've had a drink since January err the last happy hour I went to. Dead My wife is more committed than I am though - she eats less to save room for wine after dinner. But these are some of my favs (I just had to add a new category): Beer: Guinness Wine: Rioja Merlot Mixed: Margaritas Shots: Any good Tekillya Jagermeister Jello

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

nemo1

Beer - Guiness Indiana Pale Ale I like anything dark generally (except for the Pale Ale) Wine - I'm a poor college student and would rather have more alcohol content for my buck. So, I have no idea. I've had sherry, but it was weirdly sweet. I haven't tried much other than that. Oh, and a box of wine, but that doesn't count, it was gross. Mixed - Martinis!!! Talk about alcohol for your buck, this is one mixed drink that is practically undiluted. It has to be a gin martini (okay, okay, if you get a 'girly' drink, vodka might interfere less with the taste)... Juniper berries... yummy Shots - Jagermeister Hell, what am I talking about? I'll do anything at least once as far as shots go. ***It's great to finally be 21***
          Hell, what am I talking about? I'll do anything at least once as far as shots go.
          I used to think that way until I attempted a shot of gin *gag* NEVER DO THAT. It came right back up, there was no holding it back. NOT a pretty sight. It was a dare - I had to do it. Peer pressure gets me every time. Big grin

Michelle

Shots: Any good Tekillya
            *snicker* At first I thought you spelled it wrong, but then I realized you were describing what it tries to do! Nasty nasty stuff.

Michelle

Scout7

The WORST thing I ever did was break in my Stetson. This requires you to fill it with booze, and drink it. It was filled with beer, Ouzo, brandy, and rum. I drank about half of it straight, before realizing just how much of an idiot I was being. So I tipped it back, had a big mouth full of it, and swallowed that. At this point, my stomach revolted, and it all came back up. Rather violently, in a projectile manner. Once I finished emptying my stomach, only one thing to do to maintain composure: Wipe eyes, wipe mouth, squint, and in a loud and authoritative voice, demand another beer.
                The WORST thing I ever did was break in my Stetson.
                Wait, I'm still stuck on the Stetson part....you wear a cowboy hat? *BIG SMILE* There is just something really nice about a man in a cowboy hat (well, it does matter which man).

Michelle

So I tipped it back, had a big mouth full of it, and swallowed that. At this point, my stomach revolted, and it all came back up. Rather violently, in a projectile manner. Once I finished emptying my stomach, only one thing to do to maintain composure: Wipe eyes, wipe mouth, squint, and in a loud and authoritative voice, demand another beer.
                  I'm guessing nobody around had a camera at the time. Just imagine that picture. Tongue

Michelle

Scout7

Spurs, too.
                      Spurs, too.
                      Save a horse.... Evil grin

Michelle

Scout7

Save a horse.... Evil grin
                        Ride a Cav Scout.... *snerk*
                          Ride a Cav Scout.... *snerk*
                          Cute. Blush Too many distractions here today, I have to log out and get back to work.

Michelle

So I take it you were in the Calvary Scout? My ex was in 1/9th Cav though he was an 11charlie

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Yeah, was a Combat Engineer, then a Scout. It was fun.
                                Yeah, was a Combat Engineer, then a Scout. It was fun.
                                A man in a uniform. That explains it. Wink

Michelle