Humble Pie: Thanks to CR Folks and Eric (Read 1411 times)

Thanks for posting Nick. Welcome and very glad to have you around. If pumpkin pie isn't your favorite - I'll save you a piece of this awesome carrot cake my wife made last night. mcsolar99 - Love the quote!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

Welcome, Nick! Glad to have you here and looking forward to living and learning WITH you and the rest of our CR immigrant new running pals! Wink For what it's worth... I eat humble pie probably on a DAILY basis. Blush ps - Please just say you're NOT a FSU fan, pretty please?!? Big grin Modified to correct my bone-headed typing skilz.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Thanks for posting Nick. Welcome and very glad to have you around. If pumpkin pie isn't your favorite - I'll save you a piece of this awesome carrot cake my wife made last night. mcsolar99 - Love the quote!
        ditto!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

You'll ruin your knees!

Nick, So glad you were able to get through our guff and see the underlying value in this community. I'm glad you made it through the profile stage and look forward to a healthy exchange of ideas. Merry Christmas! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Now that was a bath...

Dude Tongue Nick Big grin Welcome Wink Pull up a chair and pick a 'relative'. I did. Only you're not having Scout because I am possessive like that. Claire xxx
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Nick. Dont' feel too bad about goofing on the subject line. We all (gestures to herself and fellow RA'ers) need to get our panties in a wad every once in a while - it helps us realize what's important and what's not! Big grin I agree everyone's different. I wish that I were someone who could benefit from slowing down more. Unfortunately, I've benefitted most from speeding up from what I was training at. Undecided It's my lazy side saying it wishes it could get more from less. By the way, "speeding up" means 13- 13 1/2 minute miles, which is in the range for McMillan "easy" for me, lol. I'd much rather "run" at 17 minute miles because that is truly "easy" to me... meaning it feels like almost no work at all. Unfortunately, when I do that I get slower, not faster. *sighs* Somebody said "easy run" and I took them at their word, not realizing they meant there was actually *work* involved in running, lol... Still the turtle in the group...

Roads were made for journeys...

Nick - I think many of us refugees from CR felt so at home here, we forgot that we were the "invaders." I am very glad you've chosen this site for "home," as well as the many other CR-ers I have found. And thanks to the RA folks for being so tolerant and accepting of the onslaught. "We were once lost, but now we are found . . ." Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tamara40

NICK! Your post was sweet, and personally, I was happy to see you over here b/c I have really learned a lot from you. Almost every run I think about some piece of advice you have given. I also wanted to personally thank the RA community for being so open and welcoming. I've been lurking around, but not much posting yet until I get my bearings. Seems like a fantabulous community and I'm excited to have a new place to learn. Happy holidays all!
                    No worries Nick, welcome! I'll borrow a phrase from Al Davis of the Raiders, and modify it a bit to suit our purposes: Just run, baby.

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Top 'O the World!

{{{{{{Nick!!}}}}}} enthusiastic hugs! (here to puff up your itty bitty ego! Big grin... & make sure this thread is still visible Wink) Several of us Newbie Refugees are soooo glad to see our favorite mentor over here in RA as we make this transition..!! The whole scene is a little overwhelming to many of us just getting started Confused Trying to find a cyber home - I for one, was a little lost in cyber space (& too busy w/the Holiday business) & finding a comforting "known" amongst all the unknowns has been a tremendous relief!! As has your calm energy in helping us find our "place" in the running community! Glad to have you here! Smile Cindy
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Cause I CAN

NICK!!!!!!! Glad to see you here, used to love reading your posts
                        Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                        http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                          Nick, I'm very glad to see you here on RA! Your voice is one I so need to hear. 2007 was my second year of running, and after doing a handful of 5K's, I decided to jump to a half marathon. Signed up for a training group, completed 5 months of the training, ran my 1st 10K, a PR 5K and had my long run up to 11 miles. I continued to push it even though my body was screaming to rest, and wound up with a hip flexor strain that took me out for about 6 weeks. So here I am on the other side of that starting to try to ramp up again for another 1/2, and starting to feel that "pushing it too much" feeling again, both physically and emotionally. Good leg is starting to feel strain in the hamstring, what I now know to be PF is flaring up, and I even had a good cry yesterday for no really good reason. My last run until today was a 5 miler on Christmas Day that I did faster than I should have. Finally today I decided to take one of my dogs, and just go run easy, walk, or do whatever the day brought. Your voice was in my head on that run/walk. Now mind you, I'm not fast anyway, but just giving myself permission to slow down, and yes even walk, was such a relief. Thanks and keep on preaching that "slow down" sermon! I for one will be in one of the pews listening.
                          Progress Trumps Pefection