Training Summary for Alternate Sports (Read 764 times)

sathomasga

I almost feel guilty for asking for anything, since Eric does such a great job on this site in his spare time, but one thing that would be very handy would be a simple way to get training summaries for Swimming and Cycling as well as Running. Nothing elaborate, but XXX yards swam and YYY miles ridden in last N months would do. For one justification, check out http://www.triathloncalculator.com/ I've used that site in the past, and it's been amazingly accurate. But digging through training logs by hand to get the required info would be pretty tedious. (Previously I've used a Palm-based training log that gave the information directly.) Stephen

There isn't a way to see them all at once, but there are two ways to get that data on a case by case basis. 1. Go to Options (top right corner of the screen), click on My Log Preferences, and set your primary workout type (the first option). Alternatively, you can just go to http://runningahead.com/options/log After switching your primary type, you'll see the basic info on your home page of your training log. 2. You could also just run a report by clicking on Graph on the sidebar. There are basic graphs and advanced ones that allow you to plot different information in different ways. Not quite as convenient as having all of that information available just when you log in, but it is available and doesn't involve adding things up by hand.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

eric :)

Hi guys, The other activities were tacked on after I created the running log. It's not a good solution and I'm in the middle of rectifying it. The next release of the log should have better cross training support. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I'll improving it until I get it right. eric Smile
        Namban Phil

If you are in the process of updating... it would be very cool to be able to overlay or line up the different graphs by date so that you can get a holistic look at your log and how your cross training might have influenced a particular running result, or what your overall activity level was for a particular week or month.

shonan marathon, girl

Since I am doing triathlon, I wish that I could see my summary for bike, run & swim. Realize that this would be difficult to see in one chart, but to be able to see 3 charts for each exercise on the summary page would be great. I love this site, Eric! My husband loves it too!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

eric :)

brioche, I'll see what I can do when I get to the summary page. Right now, I'm working on the hardest part of the log, which is the edit workouts pages. Got some neat technologies working there. eric Smile