I won!!! (Read 346 times)

Village people

I love that picture!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HappyFeat

Love the photo, Zoomy! You caught it just right. Congratulations on the Win!!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Great shot. Congrats!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Docket_Rocket

Great picture!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

LOL@ the picture!  That's awesome.  Not surprised it won.  Congratulations, zoom-zoom!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, everyone!  If anyone's curious, all of the entrant photos are here -- though Flickr is being kinda weird, at the moment.

I'm seriously considering "downgrading" to a prosumer point-n-shoot like the Canon G16 to have on-hand more and have an excuse to shoot more (my first BA was actually in Photography/Communications).  The DSLR is kind of bulky.  The G16 also has HD video.  I'd have to spend a lot more to get a more ideal sports lens (been using my 50mm and 100mm Canon primes, since they focus on moving subjects MUCH faster than my Tokina zoom.  A comparable Canon zoom would focus faster…but also run >$1k for that "L" glass) for my old Canon 20D.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Very cool, Kirsten.  Great photo (as well as the honorable mention).

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

joescott

I finally (don't know why I am so slow sometimes) checked it out.  Awesome pic!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.