New Saucony Kinvara? (Read 4691 times)

My prewash:)

Anyone tried this one?  It sure looks good.

"Carpe Diem"

Tried them on at the Ottawa Race Weekend Expo, felt great, but I don't need a pair of shoes at the moment, so I havn't bought them. I would have if I needed a pair.

I'd say they're a little softer than the Type A's, but that's just on feel. I'm pretty sure they aren't any heavier.

el Jeffe

I have a pair. Great shoes, perfect for Marathon racing. (Relatively) lots of cushioning for how light they are, and really responsive.

SMART Approach

Grid A3   6.8 oz

Grid A4   7.0 oz

Kinvara   7.7 oz

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

My prewash:)

Do you think they would be a good training shoe as well or just to race in?

"Carpe Diem"

keeponrunning

Anybody know the price?  Is it cheaper than the Free?  I do have a Saucony outlet about 20min from my house, but I don't know how much cheaper they are.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

SMART Approach

Kinvaras are light so you either need to be efficient in running with good biomechanics or a light runner to use everyday or at least you would want to slowly transition to them. They are similar in price to the FREEs perhaps $5 more. Shop around online.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

mikeymike

Runners run

Purdey

Self anointed title

List is $90.00 USD.  Or you could get a really good deal and support runblogger.com while you're at it (I can't for the life of me remember his RA name...)

Go to runblogger.com and click on the 10% off at runningwarehouse.com link in the upper right

$74.96 - $7.50 = sweet deal on nice shoes @ $67.46 (if you use the free 2 day shipping)  Some sizes are currently out of stock, but due in soon.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Why is it sideways?

Can you Ice somebody with the Saucony Kinvaras?
                          Can you Ice somebody with the Saucony Kinvaras?

I just took mine out of the box and am hoping to ice two people with them on Saturday. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I just took mine out of the box and am hoping to ice two people with them on Saturday. 

i think the ice will be melted by then.

Grid A3   6.8 oz

Grid A4   7.0 oz

Kinvara   7.7 oz

I have the original Type A from several years ago, which I believe weigh in at 9.1 oz. I've only seen one pair of A2's, and the A4 I saw on the wall at the same expo, but didn't have time to take a look at. I'm not 100% happy with the type A's because of the very high and stiff heel counter.

SMART Approach

The A3s are certainly noticably higher than my Brooks T5 racers. I have heard the A4 is lower in heal but have not tried them on.