Why one should make sure that all 4 corners of their race bib are pinned down... (Read 858 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

'Cause Brightroom doesn't separate the 5k and 25k "lost & found" photos, so now if I want to find any of me I must slog through a TON of images...I think there were well over 12k participants. And the bottom unpinned corner of my bib was up quite a bit.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, I found 2... 1 2 But why did they not make sure that both Eryn and I were fully in the pics...it's obvious that we MEANT to be together at the finish...idiots. I should get a job shooting for one of these agencies. At least I KNOW how to do candids...

~ Sarah Kay

those finishing pictures are so cute!!
          'Cause Brightroom doesn't separate the 5k and 25k "lost & found" photos, so now if I want to find any of me I must slog through a TON of images...I think there were well over 12k participants. And the bottom unpinned corner of my bib was up quite a bit.
          AT LEAST you got some! I trudged through all the lost in found for my half marathon and my 10 miler and all I got was 2 lousy pictures from my half marathon NEITHER which were at the finish line Sad Modified to add: And my number was CLEAR to see. Just bad timing I guess Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

those finishing pictures are so cute!!
            They are, aren't they...would have been nice if they had centered us BOTH in the frames, though. Well, there weren't as many lost & found shots as I had expected. Those 2 turned out to be the only ones of me. That reminds me, I need to contact the Grand Rapids press to see if they had shots of us finishing that we could buy.... k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

They are, aren't they...would have been nice if they had centered us BOTH in the frames, though.
              Maybe you could give those pics a little clever Photoshop love and stitch 'em together. Uuse the first picture as the basis, but stitch the background (and your right arm) from the second picture.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

But why did they not make sure that both Eryn and I were fully in the pics...it's obvious that we MEANT to be together at the finish...idiots.
                I have shot a few events myself and I would guess that the photographers are shooting wide shots and cropping the individuals to simply make more money. They wouldn't want you to buy a photo and copy it... Roll eyes That's why I shoot events for free... I love shooting the pics and get satisfaction when I see people smiling at their images or thanking me for "the memory." Blush
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe you could give those pics a little clever Photoshop love and stitch 'em together. Uuse the first picture as the basis, but stitch the background (and your right arm) from the second picture.
                  Ha, how funny would that be...and I DO have PS...hmmm... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have shot a few events myself and I would guess that the photographers are shooting wide shots and cropping the individuals to simply make more money. They wouldn't want you to buy a photo and copy it... Roll eyes That's why I shoot events for free... I love shooting the pics and get satisfaction when I see people smiling at their images or thanking me for "the memory." Blush
                    I'll bet you're right! And that is such a cute shot of that little one--look at the air she has...what a little natural! I'll bet our Claire ran like that as a little tike. Your work is beautiful...people are very lucky that you give that away. You could chage quite a lot for what you do and I am certain most people would gladly pay--I would. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey VOG, I love the pics of the little Boston Terrier (I have one too!)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Hey VOG, I love the pics of the little Boston Terrier (I have one too!)
                        Thanks! That is my neighbor's dog... I've become quite the pet photographer for some reason. But I'm game for anything... Big grin
                          Great shots, Grog! They brought back memories of the many times I've visited Saint Augustine and some of the other spanish forts around northern Florida. I grew up right down the road in Jacksonville and my parents and brother still live there.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

PWL

Has been

Yeah--I somehow managed to finish a 5k on Monther's Day without any of the photographers at the finish line catching even a glimpse of me. I checked the pics taken of the people that I finished just ahead of and just behind and I'm not there. Apparently I'm just that fast--outran the shutter... Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Apparently I'm just that fast--outran the shutter... Big grin
                              See...there's always a bright side! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay