First 50km run (Read 84 times)

evamarie

Hi. I finished a full marathon on the last week of February and I'm planning to run my first ever 50km ultra marathon on the last weekend of April. For my training, I run 3-4x a week with a mileage of 540-60km per week with short distances on weekdays and longer distances on weekends. Is that enough? Any training tips or advice?

Not without a lot more info.  Is this a trail race or roads?  What is the technical difficulty and elevation gain?  What does 60km per week look like?  Do you have a time goal in mind?

evamarie

Not without a lot more info.  Is this a trail race or roads?  What is the technical difficulty and elevation gain?  What does 60km per week look like?  Do you have a time goal in mind?

The race is on road, with some elevation at the start but mostly flats and downhills on the rest of the route. The cut-off is 9 hours which is pretty generous. I really don't have a goal time in mind except to finish but I think I can make it in less than 7 hours.

My 60km per week? I usually run 8-10k three times on weekdays and do one long run on weekends.

hectortrojan

I think it is enough to finish in similar terrain.

I think most people who finish marathon can finish 50k with similar (even same) training on same terrain. I crossed 50k distance only two times. 21 mile was the longest distance I ever covered before I finished first 50k and that 21 miler was 3.5 months before I finished 50k.