Why do we make it so complicated? (Read 1732 times)

mikeymike

Runners run

I don't trust anyone that has an unclickable name. Especially if it rhymes with pout.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Hehehe -- it didn't hit a nerve at all, I just find it funny how people whine so much about "too many gadgets, it's toooo complex, why won't people just run"--I find all that whining pretty funny. I assume you people enjoy the whining, and it is part of what you like about posting, and that's ok with me. There is a whole 2000mile forum which is *hilarious* and full of people whining all the time about how they hate people who use gadgets, and hate everybody else's systems, and they're always arguing about systems. Lots of insulting, and most of them are just playing crazy characters for fun, and pretending to be crotchety as hell for entertainment value. It's great fun -- I recommend it heartily -- well, as long as you are a person who is in a good mood and enjoys the crazy things people post, like I do. if you get your feelings hurt easily -- and it sounds like you might be one of those people - then take it really slowly and build up your endurance, until you can find yourself able to enjoy more and more posts per week. Later, after you have built a good base of being able to read posts without getting your feelings hurt, you can work up to intervals (reading particularly sarcastic and funny things over, to enjoy them again), and speedwork (reading long threads really fast) - that is for advanced forum users. First you need to build a good base though, then you'll be ready to advance later on.
        The problem with this is that tolerating negative behavior may turn someone into doing it for real. That insult you made about the minority turns into hate, suicide, etc. Is the joke, character, sarcasm really worth it?
        And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

Dave

Are you really that bored?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

People get so wrapped in criticizing how everyone else runs, and criticizing which gadgets they use. Why do we make it so complicated? Why can't just celebrate the fact that lots of people are running, and quit whining that we don't like what they do or how many gadgets they carry, or that they wear running skirts?
            To each his own. It seems you assumed he was criticizing you when he is just stating preference and asking for opinions?
            And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

Are you really that bored?
              Are you an idiot? This is a good discussion.

Dave

Are you an idiot? This is a good discussion.
                I wouldn't rule it out. But that doesn't change the fact that this "discussion" has been rehashed in about 10 threads over the last two days. Someone's trolling. And I think its you. Both times.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I wouldn't rule it out. But that doesn't change the fact that this "discussion" has been rehashed in about 10 threads over the last two days. Someone's trolling. And I think its you. Both times.
                  This is on topic. AmoresPerros is stating his opinion as I am mine. You are the troll.

xor

(edit: adding the quote in case it disappears above)
                    You are the troll.
                    And I am the eggman. But none of that really matters here. I'd say that turning a discussion from "keep it simple" to "insults cause suicide" might be a wee bit over the top. Just a little.

We get so wrapped up in the science of running that we forget to enjoy it's simplicity...
                      I like to keep it simple. Here are some good points in this thread: Yesteryear Training

I'd say that turning a discussion from "keep it simple" to "insults cause suicide" might be a wee bit over the top. Just a little.
                        I can see why you might think I was trying to troll. It's a sincere question. I haven't read this discussion elsewhere. We shouldn't take idiots seriously AND be sensitive to others who do take it seriously? I disagree about being over the top or that it's whining. If someone is being a jerk they should be called on it not tolerated. We should be more sensitive and respectful of others is all.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Jog-mowing?
                          Ya, and I'm gonna add swamp-trolling soon, and outside-swamp-trolling too -- great cross-training. For something. Maybe that European abomination they call sawkasm that I see splattered about the swamp. And whoever said I'm not trolling, hey, that's like saying I'm too slow to run, I'm only jogging. Hey now. Be nice. Well, that gets boring. Be mean and sarcastic.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I went in there once, but it triggered PTSD.
                            PTSD is a mental thing, so to prevent it you want to lower you mental ability. I recommend alcohol. It won't get you down to my low level, but it will definitely get you going in that direction...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

PTSD and jog-mowing. Love it. Still have the heart.

mikeymike

Ya,
                                So are there garmin tracks of this somewhere? What's the elevation profile of your yard look like?

Runners run