Fall Marathons (Read 1196 times)

theres an under armour marathon in baltimore around october 13th..whatever that saturday is..i have heard alot of good things about it

madness baby

I can't to to a marathon any further away as my wife has most likely given birth to our 2nd daughter approx 1 month prior. I have been told that I have to run fast because it has to be done between diaper changes (of the little one) :-)
      Well that sounds like quite a good reason for a PR! Enjoy this summer, then. . . Smile
      deb
        New York City Marathon on November 4th for me. Looking to PR...

Sack up and run.

theres an under armour marathon in baltimore around october 13th..whatever that saturday is..i have heard alot of good things about it
          Ah, my hometown! I live in downtown Baltimore! I ran Baltimore as my first marathon, and doing the 1/2 this Oct as my last race before Richmond. The race is pretty cool --- surprisingly hilly, though. It goes through some cool areas - Fort McHenry, the inner harbor, federal hill, but also through some ... ummm... less desireable areas? (is that PC enough?) that I wouldn't run in alone at night OR during the day. You really get a sense of the community though, and the Under Armor swag is nice Smile
          2009: BQ?
          balljustin

Akron Marathon, Sept. 29th Aiming for under 3 hours, but it is a decently hilly race Finished 2006 Cleveland Fall Classic Marathon in 1:27
              Hey Trishie I thought about doing Baltimore this year. Decided to go to Ocean City for a 5k or 10 mile on 10/13 instead.
              bkeddie

Richmond will be my first marathon... and race for that matter. Is that a good one to start w/? And does anyone know how quickly it might fill up? Knowing me I will train for it then find out its maxed out 4 weeks before. Thanks. And if you see me lying on the side of the course, just let me be.
                  Chicago on Oct 7!

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

Basically... run!

I've never run a full marathon before, but I found one that looks like fun near me. It's the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Marathon. http://www.leavenworthmarathon.com/ Anyone heard of it? Wonder if they'll have beer and brats at the finish line... Smile

Richmond will be my first marathon... and race for that matter. Is that a good one to start w/? And does anyone know how quickly it might fill up? Knowing me I will train for it then find out its maxed out 4 weeks before. Thanks. And if you see me lying on the side of the course, just let me be.
                      Richmond was my first marathon in 2005. It should be a good one to start with, and I don't think you need to worry about it filling up at all. Good luck.
                        There are a few of us here doing Richmond in November !
                        2009: BQ?