Future RA member! (Read 477 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, I was just looking at the 1000 mile group's YTD graph (I just hit 1k miles this AM, go me!). My son was peeking over my shoulder and asked "where's the pace bunny?!" He totally gets it! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Big grin mY son Jacob (4 years) always asks me when I get home, "Good run, Mom?" And running is such a part of our life/schedule that he now asks on my days off, "Mom, you gonna run today?" I'm hoping one of the boys picks up the love of running. But I have a feeling that if either of them do it will be the 2 year old. At the very least it will get him to burn off all the energy! I think Jacob will be the football player........... ........which of course means that Trevor will play football and Jacob will be a runner. That's about how accurate I've been to date. Big grin
      "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, as my friend and I ran today we were chuckling about how energetic my son is--she said he's the most active kid she's ever seen (that's what ADHD will do, LOL). And at school Dane would get outside and pretty much run back and forth for the entire time they'd be on the playground. But I tried to get him to run with me ONCE this Summer and after 30 seconds he was begging to stop, 'cause he was too tired and simply could not run another step... Get him out on his bike with daddy, however, and he will go 7 miles with no trouble. I think he's going to be a little cyclist. I'd probably be MUCH better at cycling than I am at running, but races are hard to come by and I live for the PR, so running it is. I have a feeling once I get to the age where my times start to creep slower that I will switch over to cycling entirely. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

And that age is.....just wondering because I am hitting 50 and can now run sub 9's in the 5 K. 3 yrs ago it was 10 minute miles all the time
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)