310XT experiencing steep price drop - might be time to buy (Read 450 times)

kcam

if you're on the fence.  I'm seeing as low as $179.95 at Shady Ebay seller, $189 at heartratemonitorsusa and $191 at Amazon; all without HR monitor.  Dammit, my 205 is still going strong ... makes the decision more difficult.  Anyone else see it for less?

aplodder

Susan

I paid $139 for a factory refurbished model with a heartrate strap from a large seller on eBay.  They go quickly at that price.

ETA:  They seem to pop up on eBay at the $139 price (or even a little less) every few weeks or so and are sold by larger, reputable sellers.  Mine came from buydig.

Running Guru

Got mine at costco with the HRM for $224CAN

I thought that was a good price

Visit my blog:

The Running Father

PR's - 5K - 20:47 (2013) | 10K - 45:23 (2013)  | 13.1 - 1:53:44 (2013)  | 26.2 - N/A

2013 Goals - 1500 kms (897.22kms July'13) | sub20 5k | sub 45 10K  | sub 1:45 13.1 | 

Flatout 5k - 4/14/13 - 23:23

Tely 10(miles) - 7/28/13 - 1:14:46 PR

Up Next:

Provincial 5k - 9/8/13

Mudd Immortal 5k - 9/21/13

Coleman's Half Marathon - 10/6/13

Cape to Cabot 20k - 10/20/13

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

REI has it for $169.99 without the HRM right now. That seems like a decent price.

ETA: that is a sale price good through Labor Day only.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

kcam

REI has it for $169.99 without the HRM right now. That seems like a decent price.

ETA: that is a sale price good through Labor Day only.

I saw that.  Good thing about REI is their very liberal return policy.  That gigantic display beckons my feeble eyes.  Sigh, I'll probably still  just sit and wait until my 205 goes (no sign of it yet, still stronger than I am).

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

$181.93 at Amazon today, and that is with the heart rate monitor.

kcam

$181.93 at Amazon today, and that is with the heart rate monitor.

Good deal.  I see $178.95 at heartratemonitorsusa with HRM strap.  Free standard shipping and hrmusa collects sales tax for PA residents only.

I can't run long enough to justify a watch with that battery life.  Maybe when I'm older.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

MrH

305 battery is failing again. Time for a 310.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Just ordered a 310xt with HRM for $163.95.

kcam

I still haven't bought one but I noticed that 163.95 price!  Nice deal.  I feel like I'm gambling - how low will this thing go before they sell out of them?  Should I wait longer?  Hmmm.  My 205 is still running fine.

BTW, I use this site called camelcamelcamel which will alert you to price movements of products you specify on Amazon.  I've found that when you set and get a price drop alert on Amazon all the other sites that sell that product are also discounting it.  I use the alert as a prompt to check the other sites I know of (one of which is almost always a better deal than Amazon).

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

*sigh*

My 305 is finally starting to show its age..."Low battery" warnings at about two hours, so I don't think it will last me through my marathon I've got coming up on the 23rd.  I could probably get by with my 10 on that day - I'd just have to make sure I looked down when the lap alert goes off so I can see what my pace is like - but if I did decide to go ahead and replace, is the 310XT considered to be the workhorse that my 305 has been?  Features-wise, it looks about the same (except waterproof).  Is the reliability and interface just as good?

Of course, I want a 620, but +/-$170 would be a lot easier to justify than $400.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

ymmv

Hoban-Jay

Battery replacement is $40.

305 battery is failing again. Time for a 310.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

$159.99 today at Amazon (with HRM).