Why does my husband do so much moaning when he's sick? (Read 1108 times)

Just curious.

jfa

Real men don't moan.

Lazy idiot

Real men don't moan.

They just crawl into a corner a die.

Tick tock

He kinda does seem like he's looking for that corner.

joescott

ha.  Smile

Sounds like you have some issues at home there, waytogo.  Just be nice to him -- probably he just needs a little attention.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Yeah, I had the same bug yesterday. I'll admit, it was BAD. He did take care of me, and I'm doing the same for him. I think he only does the moaning when I come into the room.

I think we just have different "sick styles". I basically just want to be left alone to sleep.

SMART Approach

Awwwwwww! Cooommmmme onnnnnnn! Weeee doooon't mooooaaannnn! We just like attention! Smile

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

SMART Approach

Yeah, I had the same bug yesterday. I'll admit, it was BAD. He did take care of me, and I'm doing the same for him. I think he only does the moaning when I come into the room.

I think we just have different "sick styles". I basically just want to be left alone to sleep.

There are different styles. Different people have different tolerances to being sick. Some of you guys will go out and run when you have a cold and not feeling great but not a fever/sick! Some of us will just not do it!  The same goes for work ---  in 22 years in the work force, I think I have missed 3 days because of being sick.  AND that was the only time I had the flu in those 22 years. I have never missed because of a cold but have friends who call in sick all the time if not feeling well.  We are all different. Some of us are "babies".

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've really lucked-out...I've never lived under the same roof as one of those moany sick guys.  My hubby, brother, and dad are all the type to quietly hole-up in bed or on the sofa until they feel better.  My DS is rarely ever sick (he just brings the bugs home to get us sick, then recovers in <48 hours while we're sick for a solid week, little turd), but when he is he's mostly just sweet and snuggly.

Make him a strong hot toddy.  He'll feel better and will probably fall asleep. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Why are women so bad at math and terrible drivers.......Oh, I'm sorry are broad gender stereotypes only not offensive when they target men?

(I'm just playing by the way......sorta)

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

re: original thread title

at our house it is just the opposite.   it seems to help my wife feel better when she is sick by making me feel worse with all the whining & moaning & complaining. I rarely get sick & I think that bugs her.  anyway after 27+ years still love her!

Speaking for myself, we men (who excessively moan) have a low-tolerance for pain. Pain is UNACCEPTIBLE, therefore we're pissed that we're not 100% and not able to function as usual. It's a hit a big hit to our ego....etc..

I am currently recovering from acute bronchitis, never had it, and it's a scarry close feeling to having pneumonia. Very worrisome.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Why are women so bad at math and terrible drivers.......Oh, I'm sorry are broad gender stereotypes only not offensive when they target men?

(I'm just playing by the way......sorta)

Touché! And the thread title clearly states that I'm talking about my husband! Big grin

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Touché! And the thread title clearly states that I'm talking about my husband! Big grin

Well played!

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.