focus (Read 302 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

It appears as of late I am feeling like I am becoming a slave to running. It's no longer a healthy passtime. I am running just for running sake. I am tired all the time and my motivation is,waning. How am I to get back the loving feeling?

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Fat butt on couch

"You have to want it, even when you don't."  -- A1

It looks like you're several months into some of the highest volume training evident in your log.  While some people may enjoy each and every run, running a lot and running consistently means that there will be times when it is just a grind.  It is the end result of the training which makes it worth it.  When the motivation goes away that could mean you are getting over-trained and need to take a step back, that you may need a new goal to revitalize your commitment, or that it just isn't worth it to you anymore.  

Reflect on which of the above is most likely for you.  And the end of the day you must find what motivates you to commit to whatever level of training you are going to do.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Slow-smooth-fast

It certainly will never not be worth it for me. When I am feeling it, I love running. It's a release for me. I believe I may he overtraining. I am gonna have a back off week and get some perspective. I hopefully will come back the week after revitalised with new found vigour.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009