DFW, Texas: Whiterock Marathon and Half Marathon (Read 950 times)

I did 3:44:06 for the full - about 9 minutes faster than last year. I may write something up about it later, but there really wasn't much to talk about. Pleasant weather, I sandbagged according to plan for the first half, then picked it up until cramps slowed me down at mile 24. With all those people, there was no way we were going to run into each other without some specific meeting place. I think I also prefer smaller races, but still had fun.
    Congrats on the shiny new PR, Michael. I was wanting to hang around the finish line to see you and others finish - but it was too cold for me - the siren song of the food, beer, and warmth was too strong.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I had a tough second half, not sure why (I'm planning a write up to get your advice). I was hoping to break four hours for the full, which was doable but not a shoe-in. I ended up at 4:22. Just couldn't get going in the second half. But this was my first marathon running so I'm not going to worry about it, just focus on the next one. Glad to hear you guys had good days.
      Marshall, congrats on your first running marathon. You did great! Cowtown is in 11 weeks if you are looking for sub-4 redemption Wink

but it was too cold for me
        So I guess that metallic throw did not help? Bonkin: You kicked butt running under 9 min/miles! MBK: Congrats on running your first marathon! tschepsit: Great job on obtaining a new marathon PR!

Vim

Burninated Peasant

Thanks guys. Congrats to modal on a new HM PR too! Time to focus on Cowtown, I guess.
            Looks like PRs all around then! Great job everyone!

So I guess that metallic throw did not help?
              No. Someone got tangled and ripped it off me. I didn't warm up until I changed into dry clothes and downed a couple beers.

Another Passion

Great job everyone! So cool to see all of you do so well in the same race. Congratulations! Wink

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com