Bar chart - consistent display of different activities (Read 554 times)

DominoKing

Greetings, fellow sports enthusiasts.

I have a small issue; I was wondering if someone has the knowledge to help me. I record my activities as they happen; I have a graph that shows my total activities' distance by month. The graph seems to order the activities based on the order they are first done or logged. If you look at the attached screengrab, you'll see it makes it harder to compare activities.

Does anyone know of a way to specify how the data in a bar chart is displayed? I can't seem to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Wing

Joggaholic

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but did you try unchecking the "Relative Scale" box on the y-axis when you specified the graph?

A Saucy Wench

I think to see what you want to see you need to create graphs for each activity, then you can have them in the dropdown menu and pick which one you want to look at. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

DominoKing

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but did you try unchecking the "Relative Scale" box on the y-axis when you specified the graph?

Thanks for your suggestion Wing. Doint this displays sets of bar charts instead of a stacked bar for each month:

As you can see, the activities are displayed in a different order each month. It's not a big deal, but I can get quite obsessive over such things. I believe the issue is telling the widget in what order to display the activities. Alas there is no way to input this when creating the graph, so I guess I'll just have to live with it!

DominoKing

I think to see what you want to see you need to create graphs for each activity, then you can have them in the dropdown menu and pick which one you want to look at. 

Hi Ennay;

True, I could do that, but I wanted to be able to compare all three activities month by month to get a holistic view of how I'm doing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

A Saucy Wench

If you always want to look at it by month summary you might be able to force it by entering a very very very short 1 second of each activity in a time stamp order you want them to display on the first of each month.  

wait....let me recheck something....

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Thanks for your suggestion Wing. Doint this displays sets of bar charts instead of a stacked bar for each month:

As you can see, the activities are displayed in a different order each month. It's not a big deal, but I can get quite obsessive over such things. I believe the issue is telling the widget in what order to display the activities. Alas there is no way to input this when creating the graph, so I guess I'll just have to live with it!

I think if you want to get this specific with the graphing, you may have to download your data (in the tools) and graph it yourself with excel.

DominoKing

Thanks again to all who responded.

@Ennay great suggestion, I will try that.

@Viitch yes, I realised that was possible, but the downside is I would have to download the data each time I want to view the updated graph. In that case, I may as well enter data straight in Excel... Roll eyes