Yet another snow day... (Read 529 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

15 here...I think the windchill is hovering above 0. The upper Midwest is a chilly place in Feb. Thank heavens for electric blankets (hey, should I list that in the gadgets thread?! Big grin).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thank heavens for electric blankets (hey, should I list that in the gadgets thread?! Big grin).
      No, 'cuz Scout and JK will just go on and on about how obnoxious electric blankets are and how we're too dependent on the technology, how it's just electricity for electricity's sake, and what would we do to stay warm if there was no electricity to power the blanket, etc. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No, 'cuz Scout and JK will just go on and on about how obnoxious electric blankets are and how we're too dependent on the technology, how it's just electricity for electricity's sake, and what would we do to stay warm if there was no electricity to power the blanket, etc. Clowning around
        Sex. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Life is Good

Big grin My kids are jealous of their Yankee cousins and all the snow days! I miss the snow...but not that much Shocked We are out of school for a whole week here, midwinter break they call it..if we get snow days we have to make them up..so I'm hoping no snow days Smile

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Big grin My kids are jealous of their Yankee cousins and all the snow days! I miss the snow...but not that much Shocked We are out of school for a whole week here, midwinter break they call it..if we get snow days we have to make them up..so I'm hoping no snow days Smile
            Well, just tell them that right now, because of our 5 snow days so far, the last day of school is scheduled for June 19! Shocked They might change their mind about snow. Today I found a great road - rural, wide, and with very little traffic. I ran over 5 miles and saw fewer than 10 cars. The road is also perfectly straight, so you can see cars coming for a long ways. It felt great after enduring the treadmill for a week.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sex. Evil grin
              That was more of a rhetorical question, but thanks for your honesty. And don't forget the alcohol.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And don't forget the alcohol.
                Well, duh! And we don't even need 'lectricity for that. We can just put it out in the snow to keep it cold, hey! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Not to brag or anything but for my six miler today it was about 60 and man it felt great to get out there and run.
                  2009 Goals...:
                  -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not to brag or anything but for my six miler today it was about 60 and man it felt great to get out there and run.
                    Ha, just wait 6 months...then it will feel like Hell by you guys! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

run4fun8910

In our districts when school is closed for snow days they make it up during the summer. So kids like it during the winter but oops. Hate it when summer gets here.
                      Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
                        Today was my 7th snow day. So I'll be making 2 of them up. We were supposed to get out on a Thursday...now it's Monday. That's going to suck.
                          Ha, just wait 6 months...then it will feel like Hell by you guys! Evil grin
                          That is true but when you are raised right outside the gates to hell then it is something that you are used to. On that note it is not the heat that I dislike it is the 3 million percent humidity that really kills it here.
                          2009 Goals...:
                          -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
                          Lisa3.1

uncontrollable

Very cool! Smile

peace