Copying old data to Strava (Read 137 times)

asteiber

Hi. I love Running Ahead and want to keep using it but also want to use Strava with some other friends. Can I sync my Garmin 35 watch so my run data goes to both Running Ahead and Strava? Also can I copy my old run data (since 2008) over to Strava so it’s in both places? If so, how? Thanks very much.

mikeymike

You can synch with both but I don't know of a way to get historical data into Strava

Runners run

kcam

Not sure how to do ALL of you RA runs into Strava at once but you can import up to 25 files into Strava at once. "Works for multiple .tcx, .fit or .gpx files 25MB or smaller. Choose up to 25 files."

To get the files you can download RA files one at a time ... painful.  Go to the run you want to export, click on the three-line burger at the top left of the activity screen and select 'Download GPX".   Hopefully someone else has a better method.

JDehlinger

Was also looking for this. Unless there's another way, its too painful to do 25 at a time for 10+ years of runs.

if we do this, will it spam everyone's feed with all of these old runs?

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

Charliepx

Not sure how to do ALL of you RA runs into Strava at once but you can import up to 25 files into Strava at once. "Works for multiple .tcx, .fit or .gpx files 25MB or smaller. Choose up to 25 files."

To get the files you can download RA files one at a time ... painful.  Go to the run you want to export, click on the three-line burger at the top left of the activity screen and select 'Download GPX".   Hopefully someone else has a better method.

Hi Kcam

Could you please be a bit more specific on how you export a run from RA ? I just can't find the three-line burger at the top left of the activity screen that you describe

Thank you for your help

an amazing likeness

Hi Kcam

Could you please be a bit more specific on how you export a run from RA ? I just can't find the three-line burger at the top left of the activity screen that you describe

Thank you for your help

#1 -- you can download all your RA workout data as a CSV file via: Log > Tools > Download Training Data to Your Computer

#2 -- you can download the GPX for  a specific workout from your RA log via: Log > Workouts > select View activity detail for the workout > hamburger menu to the right of the workout type in the workout header above the date > Download GPX

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.