Hit 25,000 miles ran at the age of 20 years olds (Read 1613 times)

underdogrunner

Dream

This past week I passed the 25,000 mark for miles ran and as it goes this year I am at 1500 miles as of may 30th. I also joined a team finally three days ago and  I will be representing team utopia at the Utica Boilermaker this year and hopefully help lead them to a at least a top 5 in the men's team results.
    Personal Records 800 meter 2 minutes 9 seconds Mile- under 5 minutes 2 mile-sub 11 5k- Junior Olympic qualifiers - 16 mins 53 seconds 8k- Bob Smith challenge- 29 minutes 10k-road race- 36 minutes 15k-boilermaker last year - 1 hour (first ever 15k) Marathon- 2 hours 59 minutes 36 seconds (10/12/08) age 20 Favorite quote "The important part is that you make it to the line, cause if god has a plan for you, he will do the rest" RJM
      Did you start logging miles at age 7 or something?

Runners run

Ben Running

This past week I passed the 25,000 mark for miles ran and as it goes this year I am at 1500 miles as of may 30th. I also joined a team finally three days ago and  I will be representing team utopia at the Utica Boilermaker this year and hopefully help lead them to a at least a top 5 in the men's team results.

You should make your log private after telling us that.

I don't mean to be mean, but that  proves that mega miles does not equal great running times.  Just have fun with it and be humble.

Why is it sideways?

I don't mean to be mean, but that  proves that mega miles does not equal great running times.  Just have fun with it and be humble.

Zing!

Mega miles can sometimes mean overtraining and slower times.  15,000 total miles is a great achievement, but  >75 miles per week for most 20 year olds can be excessive.  Considering his PR for the 5K had to be ~2 years ago (since it was Junior Olympics and the top age is 18), I'd say he's overtraining.  He probably has the potential to run a sub 2:50 if he trains smart (based on that 5k time).

Mega miles can sometimes mean overtraining and slower times.  15,000 total miles is a great achievement, but  >75 miles per week for most 20 year olds can be excessive.  Considering his PR for the 5K had to be ~2 years ago (since it was Junior Olympics and the top age is 18), I'd say he's overtraining.  He probably has the potential to run a sub 2:50 if he trains smart (based on that 5k time).

I'm sorry for saying what I said. Obviously, he's proud of his miles milestone. It's a great achievement for him.

underdogrunner

Dream

Hey don't be sorry I learned that the hard way yesterday when I raced my time was pretty bad compared to my normal 5k times and that time in junior Olympics was on a track I have not checked my road race records to see what there like cause I don't really Know if all the Race course's are accurate. But Yeah I am going to cut down on my mileage now as it was suggested also by my new team members on team utopia. But yeah I am starting to understand milage is not everything and after my 8th straight race I think I need to cut back a little bit. thanks again
                  Personal Records 800 meter 2 minutes 9 seconds Mile- under 5 minutes 2 mile-sub 11 5k- Junior Olympic qualifiers - 16 mins 53 seconds 8k- Bob Smith challenge- 29 minutes 10k-road race- 36 minutes 15k-boilermaker last year - 1 hour (first ever 15k) Marathon- 2 hours 59 minutes 36 seconds (10/12/08) age 20 Favorite quote "The important part is that you make it to the line, cause if god has a plan for you, he will do the rest" RJM
                    Hey don't be sorry I learned that the hard way yesterday when I raced my time was pretty bad compared to my normal 5k times and that time in junior Olympics was on a track I have not checked my road race records to see what there like cause I don't really Know if all the Race course's are accurate. But Yeah I am going to cut down on my mileage now as it was suggested also by my new team members on team utopia. But yeah I am starting to understand milage is not everything and after my 8th straight race I think I need to cut back a little bit. thanks again

Great to hear - none of us meant our comments to be taken harshly ... based on some of your times it seems like you have the potential to run much faster, it's just a matter of training right and getting enough rest.

Best of luck, and again, great accomplishment!

amarrin1

dude make ur log unprivate so we can check out ur acheivements...
                      Purdey

Self anointed title

25,000 miles at age 20.....

Assuming you started running at age 10.... you have averaged 2,500 miles per year from age 10 to age 20.

Can you tell us how this has broken down (roughly)?  Clearly you didn't run 2,500 aged 10.

Thanks.

amarrin1

well im thinking the reason his log is private is because he's is not a runner and just adds miles and wants everyone to think hes a god.

hate to say it,

but 25,000 a lot of miles!!!

well im thinking the reason his log is private is because he's is not a runner and just adds miles and wants everyone to think hes a god.

you try too hard.  you also don't read much.  he made it private on the suggestion of someone earlier in this thread. 

All he's had to do is run 24 miles/week since birth.....what's the big deal?Smile. It's good for a toddler to get out and run!!
                                All he's had to do is run 24 miles/week since birth.....what's the big deal?Smile. It's good for a toddler to get out and run!!

didn't everyone do that? Why, back in my day, we ran to and from school, up hill, both ways.  And we had to outrun mountain lions half the time.