Anti-Streak Widget option (Read 177 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Let's face it, some people respond to negative reinforcement.  How about an option on the Run Streak widget that tells you how many days in a row you haven't run?   Added bonus would be an R. Lee Ermey pop-up every few days or so telling us how worthless and weak we are for not running.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

This may be weird or obsessive (and it probably is), but I would like a way to log a day I didn't run.  I run every day, if I don't there was a good reason (sick, family emergency, Armageddon....etc).  It would be cool if I could log these non-runs so months later I can see what was up.  Like I said overly obsessive and I don't expect it but I would use it.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

This may be weird or obsessive (and it probably is), but I would like a way to log a day I didn't run.  I run every day, if I don't there was a good reason (sick, family emergency, Armageddon....etc).  It would be cool if I could log these non-runs so months later I can see what was up.  Like I said overly obsessive and I don't expect it but I would use it.

In the training log there is an option to log an event or a health note.  Seems like either of these would give you what you're looking for.

Can't you just run a report, activity-Run and mileage max=0?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Create a new activity (Settings --> Manage My Activities).  Call it "Day Off" or whatever.

Add a new streak widget (drag it into your training log).  Change Display Streak for: to "Day Off"

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek

mikeymike

Can't you just run a report, activity-Run and mileage max=0?

You can log a run as zero miles as long as you put in a time. I've thought of creating a run type called "off" or "zero" and then logging a 1 second "run" on those days so that I could put an explanation like "snowstorm" or "travel" in the notes but I've never gotten around to it.

Runners run

mikeymike

Create a new activity (Settings --> Manage My Activities).  Call it "Day Off" or whatever.

Add a new streak widget (drag it into your training log).  Change Display Streak for: to "Day Off"

Brilliant!

Runners run

In the training log there is an option to log an event or a health note.  Seems like either of these would give you what you're looking for.

These seem to show up on my calender but not in my workout listing where it would be ideal.

The logging a zero mile run would work but I expect that a zero mile run would fail to reset my streak counter.  I haven't tested this and could be wrong.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Wing

Joggaholic

+1! I'm going to do that right now!

mikeymike

+1! I'm going to do that right now!

I just did. The workout type "Off day" shows up on my activity calendar widget, on the full calendar, and in the workout list. Perfect.

Runners run

I just did. The workout type "Off day" shows up on my activity calendar widget, on the full calendar, and in the workout list. Perfect.

That worked great, thanks, apparently I just needed to see an example.

#artbydmcbride

Let's face it, some people respond to negative reinforcement.  How about an option on the Run Streak widget that tells you how many days in a row you haven't run?   Added bonus would be an R. Lee Ermey pop-up every few days or so telling us how worthless and weak we are for not running.

If it's the abuse you are seeking, come back to the swamp.  We'll kick your booty for you.  Cool

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

That's very clever, but if I'm too lazy to run, I'm probably too lazy to log all of my non-runs. Joking

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

eric :)

I might add this anyway, even if there's a workaround.