Not getting notification that workout is available after upload with Chrome (Read 976 times)

Using both my PC and Mac, I never get the notification that my recently uploaded workout is available using Chrome browser. I know it says to wait a few minutes but no matter how long I wait, I never see the notification. Any other users experiencing this? Is this a known issue? 

Steps to reproduce:

1. In Chrome browser, import my latest workout from my .tcx file located on local hard drive
    2. Upon successful upload, see message that says wait a few minutes until notification that workout is available.
    3. Notification never appears and only way to save workout is go back to upload screen, scroll to bottom, and click the Save button near workout.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong here. Thanks!

Ryan

drrbradford

I have the same issue running Chrome 16.0.912.63 on Linux Mint 11 (64bit).

sluggo

John

Yes, I am having the same/similar problem. I go to upload data from my garnin 405 and get stuck at "Uploading data to server."

I also found that I could not submit a post to this list using chrome. It just hangs until chrome times out.

I just started using chrome. It behaves differently than firefox and other browsers. I will use firefox for RA. It would be nice to see chrome work too.

John
        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

I usually just use the Upload from File tab (after exporting from Garmin Training Center) and then click on the Upload from GPS tab after it's uploaded. I see the little save icon right away. 

I never get the notification using FF - but I just hit refresh after a bit and the uploaded workouts are there.

eric :)

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I rewrote that part of the code to be more manageable.  Hopefully it will also fix the problem.  Since it's not a critical bug, it will be part of the next release.

Thanks Eric! 

I uploaded the change a couple of days ago.  I don't know whether it actually fixes the problem, especially if you're uploading one or two workouts, which is processed pretty much immediately.  Anyway, keep an eye out and let me know either way.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

As of a couple days ago (not sure exactly when), my uploaded workouts started appearing immediately. I used to have to click on Upload GPS Data again to get them to appear.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

As of a couple days ago (not sure exactly when), my uploaded workouts started appearing immediately. I used to have to click on Upload GPS Data again to get them to appear.

I don't think the two are related because I didn't change the import code.  I just reworked how completed imports are reported.  Nice to know though!

sluggo

John

I uploaded the change a couple of days ago.  I don't know whether it actually fixes the problem, especially if you're uploading one or two workouts, which is processed pretty much immediately.  Anyway, keep an eye out and let me know either way.

I will be checking this soon. I have not been allowed on the road since before 12/27. Maybe I can get out on Sunday.

John
                        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

The code change didn't appear to fix the issue for me. Still have to navigate back to Tools --> Import data to RunningAhead to get the workout saved. Again, it's not a huge deal since the workaround takes hardly any time at all. 

Thanks for the great support.

Ryan