Short/Petite running pants for women? (Read 4671 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

Does anyone make such a thing? I tried on EIGHT pair of running/wind pants today (as I know our weather could take a cool shift anytime after we hit Sept.)...all different brands, Adidas, Nike, Champion C9, etc. ALL were a good 2-3" too long. Dammit, I'm not THAT short (though I'm all torso)! The really frustrating thing is that I have a pair of the C9 pants I bought last year that fit like they were designed for me, but they appear to have lengthened their pants since then. I think what I need is about a 28-30" inseam, as that's about where I fall in jeans. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Ron Hill Tracksters are the best. They do a popular womens' version - don't know if it's available in the US, but you should be able to find them on the 'net from a UK store. Try www.virginrunner.co.uk and look for the women's Ron Hill tracksters. Cool

Princess Cancer Pants

Hmmm...the price doesn't even look too horrible (didn't check on shipping). I only saw one model, though, and no listing of inseam length. They also have stirrups (shudders at the memory of how much I hated my stirrup tights in HS). I'd order stuff from the UK (I know they have some good sports bras on that side of the pond, too), but I don't know how I'd return anything that didn't work without paying a fortune. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

I was so hoping there were good answers in this thread. I have the same problem. I'm tempted to just wear my running capris and buy knee socks to wear with them. I'm totally high fashion.

Princess Cancer Pants

Piper, I got these and they are worth every penny (especially at $40 off full retail): Adidas Invisible Front-Zip Pant I just measured the inseam and it's 32"...which is really weird, since they fit more like a 30" inseam pant. I think it must be because they are stretchy and sorta clingy. Normally I wear about a 29-30" inseam. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

~ Unknown

I'll have to check those out, Kirsten, thanks! That is an excellent price. And I actually need to buy a book for school from Amazon, so hey, free shipping. Worth a shot, and really, returning isn't that much of a hassle if I have to.

Princess Cancer Pants

And if they are too long, they don't have zippers on the bottoms or any hardware, so they would be REALLY easy/cheap to shorten. I had even considered that if they had been a hair too long. All a person would have to do is cut a bit off the length and hem them. A seamstress would probably do it for under $5. Also, they seem to run pretty generous. I normally wear about a 6 and my size smalls fit perfectly. Sometimes size small stuff is a bit snug (Adidas stuff always seems sorta random in their sizing--I have smalls and mediums in most Adidas bottoms), but these work great for me. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

~ Unknown

As a wanna be ski-bum, I have several pairs of (black) long-underwear. I was actually running with a friend several weeks until I mentioned it and her response was "really?" only con - no place for the keys. But if you cant find running tights, check out an out-door store or ski place and they will let you try them on too.