Bib numbers...ever think twice about them? (Read 685 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would love to get bib number 1...or 100...or 1000...or even 10000!
    I once has number -1. As in negative one. No kidding.

shonan marathon, girl

All my bib numbers have been very easy to remember. #11131, #1818, #11066, #8167, #243, #236. For some reason the number I get excites me, perhaps I am superstitious. I especially like the number #24 since it is my birthdate.

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

I walked my fiist HM Bib#34989, time 3:40:05 My very first race was a5k bib#1580 I ran the first mile way to fast Time 36:57 My first attempt at running a HM bib# 2567 time 3:18:43. If not for ITBS setting in I was on pace for about a 2:44. I and save my bibs. I collect EVERYTHING!!! It is genetic, I get it from my grandmother, GRHS! And now I have some of HER collection. Example. a bus ticket from when she and gandpa dated more than 80 years ago!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I once has number -1. As in negative one. No kidding.
          ok, that's weird. Tongue How'd that race go? I've tried signing up early just to get a lower bib number but that has never worked. Evil grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Ran my first race ever today and my bib number was 360. Got me to thinking about how much I've turned things around this year. Oh wait ... a 360 is back where you started so that's not it ... i really needed bib #180. Smile
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

ok, that's weird. Tongue How'd that race go?
              GREAT! 4:14 marathon while simultaneously directing it. And talking on the phone. And fixing the milage signs. And organizing volunteers.

Go Pre!

GREAT! 4:14 marathon while simultaneously directing it. And talking on the phone. And fixing the milage signs. And organizing volunteers.
                Now that's impressive. The closest I did to something like that was to help a girl carry her bike up a big hill during a 12K 'Terry Fox' race....and come to think of it, there were no bibs that day as it was a 'charity run' only. D
                  I haven't thought too much about my bib numbers before, thanks though for giving something to obsess about from this point on! As if I'm not already OCD, I need one more thing to fixate on. Zoom zoom & her hubby were here Sat, post-25K for a little post race celebration we have here. He mentioned that he needed a copy of her race schedule (we try to run all the same races) and I hopped in to Excel & printed it. Then I opened my race records spreadsheet to enter my 25K run data. They thought it was highly amusing that I have a spreadsheet for everything. Now I'm going back to my Race record spreadsheet to add a bib# column. Thanks guys, thanks... Roll eyes
                  So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3