One of those bad runs... (Read 501 times)

My run was horrible today. Yesterday (Sat) I rested, so today was a flat 3.4 mile trail run.....legs felt tired, no energy....but then again it was very windy, hotter than normal (15-20 degrees warmer) and I had about 5 beers yesterday evening......so I guess that all attributed to it.... Big grin How often does this happen to you guys? This occurs about once a month or so....a good ol bad run... thanks Theron D
      I think it happens to everybody. I hate those days, it's feels like all you progression and miles are for not. The only things I think cause this for me are: 1. My body telling me 2 days off after a big week / month would be nice. 2. Beers / Wine 3. Total sleep over the previous days. If I don't sleep much (less then 4 hours) on a given it night it doesn't hamper my run the following day as much as it does 2 days out. I wouldn't sweat it though, if we had no bad days, the good ones wouldn't make us feel as alive as they do.
        I have bad days occasionally. I can usually attribute it to the previous few days activities. As for the beer, 5 is a mere snort for me on a routine basis but my blood work always shows up good so my doctor says I must burn it off. If you aren't a regular drinker, it could mess you up.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I love bad runs. They piss me off to such a degree that I usually have a great run the next day! Big grin
            I love bad runs. They piss me off to such a degree that I usually have a great run the next day! Big grin
            I've had that happen myself. I'm glad to know it's not a personal issue. Big grin

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

no drinks tonight, I'm hitting the same trail again tomorrow and see what happens.... Angry Theron
                Same here! It's weird how that happens. I've learned to just get through them and move on. If it's a really bad run then your next run will almost always be better.
                VictorN

You know, s*** happens, as do bad runs. It's all a learning experience, but sometimes you can't find a particular reason. In your case I'd guess it was a combination of the beers and warm weather. Victor