problems calibrating the forerunner 50 (Read 652 times)

i just got a new forerunner 50 and i went to the track to calibrate it. i ran a half mile and set it. i ran another half mile and it was only .01 mile off. then next run i ran to the track. when i got to the track it was already .4 mile off. i re calibrated it on the track doing .75 mile. then i ran another .75 mile and it was only .01 off. on thursday i ran a race. i started my watch at the starting line but i accidently stopped it later. after about 4 minutes i realized and restarted it. at the end it had my exact race time but it had the distance as 2.5 (out of 3.1). does it keep time even when i stop it? also how do you manually calibrate it cause i just start and stop the timer when i try. should i just auto calibrate somewhere other than the track?ahhhhhh! Angry
    Goals: Run.
    flatfootruns

Hi, I did the auto calibration and my runs are slightly longer then they should be, you need at least 400m, I'd try closer to a mile or half at the track, if it's off, manual calibrate it. On the train page, press and hold the start/stop press the view to advance to CALIB setting. Use + and - to adjust the calibration factor. Press view to save the calibration factor. Ps: How is the HRM work for you?" good luck Scottl