Didn't miss my race! (and other dream states) (Read 121 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's odd to me that I seem to have no race anxiety dreams, but I'm okay with that.

Walk-Jogger

It's odd to me that I seem to have no race anxiety dreams, but I'm okay with that.

I don't recall having specific race anxiety dreams, but the one recurring running bad dream that I do have is that I'm trying to run fast, and can't  - my legs can only move slow like I'm running through water or something.

The one running related good dream that I've had a few times is that I'm running around town, in the streets with traffic and I can easily run at the speed of the traffic - 30, 40, 50 mph. These are excellent dreams.

Retired &  Loving It

Not as many times as the one where I'm frantically running around campus looking for the room where my Abnormal Behavior final is being held and I can't find the room because I skipped the class all semester

Yes. (But a different class.)

At my first job after college, a bunch of us 20-somethings were talking about all having that dream, and wondering when we would stop having it. And an old guy listening to us (I suppose probably about as old as I am now) told us he still had it. And we thought that was the most hilarious thing ever.

The last race anxiety dream I had, I showed up on time, but I had forgotten my shoes.

Dave

Gosh I've had that one too!

I don't recall having specific race anxiety dreams, but the one recurring running bad dream that I do have is that I'm trying to run fast, and can't  - my legs can only move slow like I'm running through water or something.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

jfa

I had a good one the morning before the last Baystate Marathon.

I woke up in my hotel room at 3 am to carbo load a muffin. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep, but once I did, I had a horrible dream.

I dreamed that I woke up on race morning and my hotel room was filled with dressers. Instead of having my race gear laid out ready to go, I had to search all the dresser drawers for my socks and Garmin and bib and shirt and shoes and so on. Of course ,the drawers were full of junk. Not only that, the clocks were all backwards and upside down and completely confusing. In my dream, I missed the race. This was somehow both very distressing and a big relief at the same time.

It was one of those very vivid dreams that you wake from and say

"whew, thank god that was just a dream".

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Might be a good thing your blankets were holding down your legs.