How to record interval work outs (Read 805 times)

DS Johnson

I appologize as I am sure this has been brought up in many threads but the search engine does not seem to be helping me. When recording an interval work out how do you get Running Ahead to give you credit for the distance on the rest bouts. Today I did 8 400 meter repeats with 400 meter jogs. Running ahead is only giving me credit for the work bouts as far as mileage goes. I have tried logging them as rest and recovery.

Thanks in advance.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Tick the "Autosum" box for what you want to tally : ie intervals and recovery.

Feeling the growl again

It depends if you really want to use all the bells and whistles.  I simply enter the overall distance and time, then enter the details on the interval workout in the Notes section.  It's a heck of a lot faster.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why even bother changing the lap from interval to rest or recovery? Its usually pretty obvious what the lap was when you are doing intervals.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

HermosaBoy

Why even bother changing the lap from interval to rest or recovery? Its usually pretty obvious what the lap was when you are doing intervals.

True -- however the one use I have found for Garmin Training center is to create workouts and export to the device.  Since I do a lot of intervals on the road, I can program which ones are rest and when I import into RA, they are marked as such.  Kind of slick...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

In my Gallowalking workouts, I like to be able to see my jogging pace (to make sure I'm not getting too excited) and my walking pace (logging/reviewing helps to me to walk briskly).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

DS Johnson

I am simply anal about it. And look to know with just a quick glace how much time and distance was spent at interval pace, rep pace....

Its still pretty easy to see the walk interval (15:00 mpm) and the run/jog (8:20 mpm) at a glance without having to look if it was a rest interval or not. Just saying.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

But less easy to average all eight interval or rest entries.

Math is hard.  Just saying. Wink

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau