Top 10 Most Insane Medical Practices (Read 841 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The hilarious thing is that this goofiness led to the invention of the vibrator... did
    Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Is that dextromethorpan (sp?) or guaifenesin? My brother was talking recently about people overdosing on one of those for a high...I think he was talking about guaifenesin. k
      Dextromethorphan (or DXM, as the kids call it), a cough-supressant. I had one college friend who ingested that crap all the time to get high. He even bought it in powdered form. Word on the street (from him) was that guafinesin (an expectorant) is an adulterant that serious Robi-dozers (or Tussiners) do not want, because they interact poorly at high doses, even causing death. If you decide to experiment with this, please report back.
        please report back.
        if you're still alive.

sean

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Please report back.
          ... in the "Look What I Did!" forum.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dextromethorphan (or DXM, as the kids call it), a cough-supressant. I had one college friend who ingested that crap all the time to get high. He even bought it in powdered form. Word on the street (from him) was that guafinesin (an expectorant) is an adulterant that serious Robi-dozers (or Tussiners) do not want, because they interact poorly at high doses, even causing death. If you decide to experiment with this, please report back.
            Yikes! And here all the red flags seem to be attached to Pseudoephedrine for it's meth-making capabilities. Gotta wonder if all cold/cough remedies will eventually be semi-controlled. I always thought expectorants were pretty benign...guess not. I even used plain Robitussin a couple of times/day when we were trying to conceive, as I had read that it can help make cervical mucous more spermy friendly. The month I tried that we made the didlet. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay