De La Hoya vs. Mayweather (Read 616 times)

Prophet!

who you got ? I'm leaning more towards De La Hoya who i think is a much better boxer, but its gonna be a tough fight. Anybody watch the HBO show on the training of these two guys for the fight, such a contrast in style. I wish i can see the fight but i don't want to pay for pay per view...
      I would go with De La Hoya. I remember a fight he had over in El Paso, TX years ago where he beat this French guy who could not take the heat (110F+). The French boxer threw about 200 punches and landed about 4. De La Hoya, threw less than a handful and I believe landed every one... eventually knocking the dude out! PPV is a rip off. Go somewhere local that's paid for it and buy a drink... it's cheaper.

Vim

shyrunner07

i'm picking the local boy, Floyd.... i'm hooked on the HBO show too- looking forward to the big fight! Go mayweather!!!
          I like De la Hoya, but I believe Mayweather will win. Wouldn't want to beat on it though.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

JakeKnight

PPV is a rip off. Go somewhere local that's paid for it and buy a drink... it's cheaper.
            I finally have digital cable and a very nice TV, and I'm so very tempted to buy the PPV for this fight. I remember as a kid I once rented a hotel room just for the HBO service, so I could watch a Tyson fight. But it is indeed pretty pricey. Rooting for De La Hoya ... but yeah, it'll probably be Mayweather. In a decision.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i'm picking the local boy, Floyd....
              Yep, go Floyd! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

PPV is a rip off. Go somewhere local that's paid for it and buy a drink... it's cheaper.
                the only problem is i'll probably end up drinking lots and it might actually end up being more expensive Smile . I'm really impressed on the intensity and the focus of these two fighters in their training, i guess that's why they are as good as they are.
                shyrunner07

I'm really impressed on the intensity and the focus of these two fighters in their training, i guess that's why they are as good as they are.
                  amen! floyd is fierce with his training! he needs to make a workout dvd of his regimine...
                  JakeKnight

, it'll probably be Mayweather. In a decision.
                    I'm good. Almost said split decision. Now I'm just glad I didn't pay for the fight. Didn't sound very exciting.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

It was ok, but then again I was a bit drunk and it was 5.30am. Kinda thought de la Hoya deserved it though.