What new gear did you get for Christmas? (Read 1613 times)

Slice

What all new running/biking/fitness gear did you get for Christmas? What's your favorite? Anything you didn't like?

I got a flashing led light, a balaclava, compression shirt, a Stick and a pink reflective running vest. My favorite is a toss up between the vest and the Stick.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays...now get out there and run those cookies off! Big grin

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

keeponrunning

I'll tell you in 12 hours Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

xor

You Christmas Eve gift opener you!  BOOOO.  That's worse than the whole light switch thing!

The only running gear I got I bought for myself. I bought a jacket (Mizuno Elixir), a shirt (Running Warehouse Long Sleeve), and a backpack (Camelbak Octane 18X).

The only present I got was from my wife. It was a digital scale, so that I could make better bread.

Slice

You Christmas Eve gift opener you!  BOOOO.  That's worse than the whole light switch thing!

We do Christmas Eve so we can enjoy it without interference from our midget. A 2 year old wreaks havoc on gift giving situations! What's the light switch thing?

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

xor

Believe me, as you are in possession of a midget (or he/she is in possession of you), it is better not to know.

Still though.

CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT OPENERS MAKE TINY BABY JESUS CRY.

CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT OPENERS MAKE TINY BABY JESUS CRY.

I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.

I'll know my presents in about seven hours.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Chris UK

I gave nothing

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

A pair of Adidas response stability, a pair of Asics 2150 and two pair of lined sweat pants- I purchased.

DW gifts-Headband fits over ears( 2 times  warmer than reg fleece- 100% ). Tech gear. I think there are mittens under the tree somewhere. Thermo gloves with zip pocket.  Club meets at 7:30. Got go. Happy Holidays

. Family here for brunch. Open gifts. Garmin 405! Big grinShocked

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

xor

I put a dollar in the coke machine, and it gave me two diet cokes instead of one.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

A pair of Adidas response stability, a pair of Asics 2150 and two pair of lined sweat pants- I purchased.

DW gifts-Headband fits over ears( 2 times  warmer than reg fleece- 100% ). Tech gear. I think there are mittens under the tree somewhere. Thermo gloves with zip pocket.  Club meets at 7:30. Got go. Happy Holidays.

Ron - sounds like you did well. Enjoy the run!

We don't exchange gifts on Christmas day, but I bought a pair of VFF Sprints at steep discount with DW permission as my Chanukah/Christmas gift at a local Luke's Locker grand opening. Also got a nice long sleeve tech shirt for completing the Decker Challenge half... not sure if it counts as a gift but it is new...LOL

bob e v
                        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I got the best gift I could ask for, 6 grandkids home for christmas staying with me, first time get to see kids opening presents on christmass in years,

down side is their dad is in Afhganstan, so they came to see grandpa and granma for christmasSmile

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

MrH

I got a Road ID badge from my family with DNR on it.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

SMART Approach

I got a Road ID badge from my family with DNR on it.

LOL.  I need to get one of those for my mother in law. Ha! Or I could just wheel her out to the road. Ahhh, what is my problem, it is Christmas!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com