Reconnecting Garmin Connect (Read 298 times)

happybarb

Cellcom 2012

Short and sweet.........New computer, downloaded Garmin Connect, I thought I had to do not authorize my old info but now I tried to authorize my Garmin Connect again and I get this:

RunningAHEAD

Do you authorize the RunningAHEAD app to access your Garmin Connect account and data?

An error has occurred. Your account already connected to the app. Please try another account.

AuthorizeDo not Authorize

<form> </form>

<small>This application will not see your Garmin password. You can revoke your authorization at any time from your settings in Garmin Connect.</small>

I only have one Garmin Account.  Any suggestions so I can reconnect my Garmin account with my RA account?  Thank you for you help.

an amazing likeness

The link between Garmin Connect to RunningAhead is between the 2 web sites (systems), nothing to do with your PC or software on it.  That is: runningahead.com <--> connect.garmin.com.

You do not need to reconnect anything after getting a new PC.  That's why you're getting the error saying he account link is already in place.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

happybarb

Cellcom 2012

Thank you for the information........new pc is nice but so much to set up!  Thank you again.

Slice

How do you authorize? I can't figure that part out.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

an amazing likeness

How do you authorize? I can't figure that part out.

From your RunningAhead log: Tools -> Applications is where you tell RA to link to your Garmin Connect account.

When this is setup, you'll see RunningAhead with "read' permission to your account in Garmin Connect. In Garmin Connect, click on the  "Profile & Account' icon (runner in upper right) -> Account Settings -> Account Information and the Applications with access rights are listed at the bottom.

Slice

I promise I'm not tech illiterate...I simply can't get it.

LInk to a screeshot from RA

Link to a screenshot from Garmin

screenshot

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

an amazing likeness

I promise I'm not tech illiterate...I simply can't get it.

From the screen shot of your Garmin Connect -- the integration with RunningAhead isn't in place, according to Garmin Connect.  You should see another section right below the Garmin Index SmartScale which looks like:

I'd recommend you select the red "Disconnect" from the RunningAhead side and re-do the integration setup from RunningAhead. Make sure you have the correct id & password for your Garmin Connect account entered when you do the RA setup.

Slice

Thank you, I got the screens you showed me! I put everything in but nothing has synced yet. I'm hoping the magic happens overnight. Thanks again!

Blake Mitchell

I'm having the same problem. Just bought a refurbished MacBookPro that's running OS Sierra and I'm getting the impression that Garmin Connect/Garmin Communicator is no longer compatible with this newer OS. Can't remember which OS my old MacBook was running, but it was a few iterations earlier than Sierra. Don't know if my older Garmin is part of the issue, but it's a Forerunner 310xt.

an amazing likeness

I'm having the same problem. Just bought a refurbished MacBookPro that's running OS Sierra and I'm getting the impression that Garmin Connect/Garmin Communicator is no longer compatible with this newer OS. Can't remember which OS my old MacBook was running, but it was a few iterations earlier than Sierra. Don't know if my older Garmin is part of the issue, but it's a Forerunner 310xt.

Install Garmin Express and you'll be all set to go.

Blake Mitchell

I did. And when it didn't work, I unistalled it and re-installed it and set everything back up on both the RA and Garmin Connect website. Still getting error messages.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Getting workouts loaded via Garmin Express stops working for me from time to time. When that happens I remove the device (a ForeRunner 310XT) from my Garmin Express, then re-install it on Garmin Express. In the past I have had to uninstall Garmin Express and reinstall to get it to work.

As far as I can tell this is a problem with the Garmin software, and not a problem on the RunningAhead end of things. As funky as this is, it works better than the old Garmin Communicator plugin, which would go out on me for months at a time.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Blake Mitchell

Yeah, clearly the issue is with Garmin Express. I deleted the device, and now Garmin Express can't find it when I try to add a new device, regardless of whether I'm using the ANT Stick or USB.

I'm also getting a message that the Garmin Communicator plug-in isn't installed, but I've installed and re-installed it several times already.