I'm not an addict (maybe that's a lie) (Read 1474 times)

I tried to quit after I first started 'cause I knew it was stupid and wrong, but I couldn't - not even with family trying to help me.  And just a 3K got me hooked (friends talked me into trying "just one").  But now it's even worse.  I try to justify it by telling myself there are other things that I do more - like eating, sleeping, and working - so I'll worry about running after I've stopped those other bad habits.  Wink  

Running with friends on the weekend is one thing.  But when you find yourself running alone on a Tuesday morning and showing up late for work, it's time to seek help.

I can quit any time I want! I just don't want to....

Maggie & Molly

I can quit any time I want! I just don't want to....

yeah, uhuh, me too

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

atomno2

What if you just tell your boss....Look, this is what I am doing, and your just going to have to get over it?

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

Listen, I'm addicted to running, as well as biking, swimming and now rock climbing.  I don't think there is anything wrong with this.  Some people have addictive personalities and I am certainly one.  So, I could either be addicted to junk food and couch surfing (maybe even worse things) or I could be addicted to an active lifestyle.  I choose the latter!

+1 on the rock climbing.  I don't get into biking or swimming, but it's spiraled to the point of building a bouldering cave in my garage...

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Midnight. Can not sleep. Knee slightly swollen. I should go run anyway. Promised myself I would rest the knee. Never should have made that promise. It has been two days. That is enough time. RIGHT?

PS: 37 miles for the month. Need 44 miles to reach 2000 miles for the year. What is a little swollen knee and pain to reach the bass ring. I am not an addicted.

12/22/11  Rest is over-rated.  7 AM 4.8 mile walk.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Midnight. Can not sleep. Knee slightly swollen. I should go run anyway. Promised myself I would rest the knee. Never should have made that promise. It has been two days. That is enough time. RIGHT? PS: 37 miles for the month. Need 44 miles to reach 2000 miles for the year. What is a little swollen knee and pain to reach the bass ring. I am not an addicted.

We can quit any time we want to...

I say, looking up races and group runs for the next few weeks.

*twitch*

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/