Passed an Olympian this morning (Read 1128 times)

Maybe I'm missing them...where do you usually see the elusive Olympians, and how do you know who they are? (You're in Boulder, too, right?)
    Yeah, I'm in Boulder too. Apparently the Fairview HS track is the place to run into a lot of the Olympians. I've never been out there though. I saw the Japanese (i think?) team up at Nederland HS last weekend. When I lived in Gunbarrel I would see the Japanese and Romanian teams out a lot. They were pretty obviously a team (matching uniforms sometimes, etc). Occasionally I would see a team that appeared to be Kenyan/Ethiopian in that area, though I don't know if they were Olympic athletes or not. They were REALLY fast though! Now that I'm in Louisville, I don't see them anymore. A lot of the road runners seem to train out on the backroads around the Rez. A couple weeks ago we ran into Mark Plaatjes on the Bobolink trail (ex-olympian/world marathon champion). I also see Anna Pichrtova out occasionally on the trails... she's a friend, so I recognize her (Czech marathon runner, placed 28th at the '04 Olympics). She's doing a ton of trail running now. Super nice woman. - Chris
      Yeah, but didn't you hug a sweaty Zoomy post-race once?
      Of Course!! The highlight of my young running career Big grin
      - Tony
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Of Course!! The highlight of my young running career Big grin
        Hey, and I got to swap sweat with Mulks, PoQ, and Vikki/Resalia! That was a banner day for me! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, and I got to swap sweat with Mulks, PoQ, and Vikki/Resalia! That was a banner day for me! Big grin
          The things I'm missing out on!!! Big grin
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The things I'm missing out on!!! Big grin
            I know! You're running the GR HM, right? There should be lots of opportunities for sweaty hugs that day! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay