RA Anniversary-When did you join (Read 294 times)

GC100k

Is there a way to tell?

I was on the Runnersworld forums from 1995 until they ended them (Fall '17?). There were periodic exoduses (exodi?) from RW due to software issues starting in the 90s. I stayed with RW through it all but registered here at some point. I think I switched to the name GC100k on RW about 2008 and that's my name here, so I'm guessing I registered that name here after that. I joined the RW Beginners in exile here, which I think someone said happened in 2012, but I'm pretty sure I had registered here some years before that.

paulv

16 May 2005 is my first entry. Man, I was a slacker back then.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

16 May 2005 is my first entry. Man, I was a slacker back then.

Was it just you and Eric posting into the abyss...? 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

January 8th, 2007

I was coaching a high school cross country team at the time and one of my runners suggested that we use this site to track our running.  I've been here logging ever since.

One day I had the bright idea to put in all the documented mileage I had since I began logging (Dec of 1979).  That took me quite a while.  It is pretty nice to look at the graphs and the race results.  It certainly seemed to be questionable entering old data while I was putting it all in, but it's kind of cool now.  Like running a fast race, you forget about the pain as you get further away from the actual event.

The Logging of my running is one of the highlights of my day.  As I tell my runners now (that I recommend to use RA), "If you don't have pride enough to log your mileage, then you don't have pride in your running."

corland

The Logging of my running is one of the highlights of my day.  As I tell my runners now (that I recommend to use RA), "If you don't have pride enough to log your mileage, then you don't have pride in your running."

Log stalking and learning from the more experienced runners since 1/9/2006.  Thanks to Eric for putting this cool place together, and to runners like mike, EJ, Jeff, etc. for open logs and the thousands of miles of guidance.

The past.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Outside Lane

Coolrunning invasion of 2007. 

Active Sarah drove me here!  Thanks Sarah!

See how they run...

JMac11

RIP Milkman

As someone who joined with the most recent RWOL invasion, I want to thank all the veterans for welcoming us!

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

SMART Approach

Came over in 2007 after Cool Runnings collapse. Lost all my logs from CR. Thank God Eric has this figured out.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Altair5

Runs in the rain

I joined RA just for the mapping feature at first. I had taken a break from running for a few years and started again in August 2011. That is when I started to create maps of new running routes. The mapping was great giving distances and elevations. Prior to that I had used my car odometer to measure my routes and just had very few, now I have over 50.The earliest post I can find is dated march 2013.

Thanks Eric for a great running site and if anyone has not subscribed yet it would be a nice way to show your appreciation!

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
                      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Joann Y

As someone who joined with the most recent RWOL invasion, I want to thank all the veterans for welcoming us!

I detect a note of sarcasm? Ha! Change always takes some getting used to. I'm enjoying loosely following the sub 3:20 and sub 3:00 threads, seeing if anything catches my eye. It's nice having you all around, honestly!

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I detect a note of sarcasm? Ha! Change always takes some getting used to. I'm enjoying loosely following the sub 3:20 and sub 3:00 threads, seeing if anything catches my eye. It's nice having you all around, honestly!

Nope, not being sarcastic at all. I know there was some hesitancy at the start when we came by, but I think we came to a good solution and I've found this site to be wonderful.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Joann Y

Nope, not being sarcastic at all. I know there was some hesitancy at the start when we came by, but I think we came to a good solution and I've found this site to be wonderful.

It's nice to see some of you logging here too. For me, that's one of the best things, being able to dig deep into what people are actually doing or have done for training, recovery etc.

Julia1971

Like others, I didn't think I could trust my log on when I joined because I thought I did some back-filling.  If I recall correctly, when I started running, I "logged" my runs on index cards.  Then, I graduated to putting then in my Palm Pilot.   But because I save everything, I think I joined RA around December 2008 because I still have the lovely email from Eric - with smiley face - thanking me for a donation.  Smile

beat

Break on through

I eventually came over from coolrunning in August, 2008.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."