What a difference water makes...! (Read 613 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Never ran with water before. However, with temps all week in the 9o's, and 85-90% humidity...it's either water or not run. I did some reasearch online and came across the Camelbak Flashflo... Used it on a 4 miler Sat, and my long run today. Can't believe what a difference it makes. Just need to get a couple small bottles to stash some Gatorade for this coming week...more of the same expected... Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, that is exactly the reaction I had after my first run last Summer with a Camelbak (same model you have). I now prefer an Amphipod Full-Tilt belt with 2 additional 10.5oz bottles on the side for my longest hot weather runs. I put Gatorade in the main 20oz. bottle and water in the 2 smaller bottles. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey zoom, I have the Amphipod too (the trail version, but basically the same) and it works well for carrying water without bouncing, but I've had problems. First, the bungee that holds the bottle in place tore off from the pack. Then the spout on the bottle broke. Fortunately I have a spare bottle. Have you had problems with your Amphipod?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I too just got the Amphipod belt. Now in the summer heat, I take it even on <5mi runs. water in one or 2, gatorade endurance in one. love it - very versatile system. edit - bungee? mine has plastic clips (similar to cellphone holders) that are removable or can be mounted 90 degrees. also has a small cellphone/carkey/gu pouch, also removable. runs.="" water="" in="" one="" or="" 2,="" gatorade="" endurance="" in="" one.="" love="" it="" -="" very="" versatile="" system.="" edit="" -="" bungee?="" mine="" has="" plastic="" clips="" (similar="" to="" cellphone="" holders)="" that="" are="" removable="" or="" can="" be="" mounted="" 90="" degrees.="" also="" has="" a="" small="" cellphone/carkey/gu="" pouch,="" also=""></5mi runs. water in one or 2, gatorade endurance in one. love it - very versatile system. edit - bungee? mine has plastic clips (similar to cellphone holders) that are removable or can be mounted 90 degrees. also has a small cellphone/carkey/gu pouch, also removable.>
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Edit - bungee? mine has plastic clips (similar to cellphone holders) that are removable or can be mounted 90 degrees. Also has a small cellphone/carkey/Gu pouch, also removable.
            Sounds like you have one of the ones with just the smaller bottles. The Full-Tilt model looks like this: Russ, I haven't had any problems with my belt, but I've only had it a few months. I'll definitely keep an eye on the bungee loop thing, though. I wonder if the company might have some solutions? I'd let them know, that way when it comes time to redesign the belt they will maybe come up with a better way of attaching the bungee loop. Good to know about the bottle spout, too. I've been thinking that maybe a second bottle might be a good idea to have. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay