Gotta love it (Read 593 times)

when your training is going well!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

OK - spill - something extra good happen today? Smile Tempo? WTG!!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Yep had an AWESOME Tempo run today. Only problem is that it felt too great lol. My splits were this 9:28, 9:10,9:02,8:47,8:12,8:10,8:13,and last and least lol 7:46 for the last mile. Not sure why I didn't push it more since I definetly had alot more gas then I was expecting.(guess it was just feeling too good).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Shocked awesome progression!! Certainly sounds like you could have pushed it - can't wait to see your next time Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

guess that is what it turned out to be was a progression run. Run was feeling too good that I was too busy enjoying it more than focusing on pushing it. With all the mileage I've been putting in I just didn't expect to be feeling so good at that pace.

That is awesome! I'm jealous. This might be a silly question but how do you track your splits? I am in the dark ages with running technology. I run with my cell phone as my "stopwatch", and there aren't any fancy features on it. I love when I have a good run but then I'm frustrated when afterwards I have extra energy. Not that I want to be crawling home after each run but from time to time that drop dead feeling after a run sort of feels good.

Michelle

I use my Garmin 205. Figure since the milage that shows on my Garmin is just .03 short of what my 8 miler maps out to be that I can consider the splits pretty correct.

Oh fancy stuff. Not just a plain old stop watch? *sigh* Looks like investment time.

Michelle

Definetly a great investment as far as I'm concerned. I've found that my Garmin measures my runs a bit shorter than what they map out so I feel pretty confidant with my pacing.