Runner attacked by police in Moscow, Russia (Read 187 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Play stupid games (such as going to a political rally) and win stupid prizes (like being beaten by police who think you’re running from the cops). He should have avoided the whole thing.

I hesitate to get involved in this, but...

It is entirely possible to end up running near a political protest or rally without having intended to do so.  When you live in a capital city, those things are not uncommon.

This is separate from the point that one should be able to take pictures of a rally without being beaten up, in much the same way that one should be able to leave stuff in one's car without having the window broken and contents stolen.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

rlopez

Everybody wants some.

I want some too.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It is entirely possible to end up running near a political protest or rally without having intended to do so.  When you live in a capital city, those things are not uncommon.

This is separate from the point that one should be able to take pictures of a rally without being beaten up, in much the same way that one should be able to leave stuff in one's car without having the window broken and contents stolen.

I didn't know I was driving by the Ministry of Justice in Beirut when I was taking a video, either.  I am lucky I didn't end up in jail.

What you "should" be able to do is one thing.  But we're talking about Russia.  What is SMART to do is a total other matter.

Running Problem

Problem Child

100% true. Unfortunately SHOULD is the key word here. It doesn't take a lawyer to figure out the difference between SHOULD and SHALL.

What you "should" be able to do is one thing.  But we're talking about Russia.  What is SMART to do is a total other matter.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

mikeymike

By the by all four of my children were recently* 1 year old.

*In geological terms.

Runners run

undue monkey

Running Problem

Problem Child

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Fruchtenstein

Video from that rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXzEiAkfLU

Cyclist detained together with his bike (2:50') Smile

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Don’t mess with the Russians.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Don’t mess with the Russians.

Especially ones walking arm in arm down barricaded streets, grabbing people in teams of 3+, wearing full riot gear telling you to clear the area (or whatever they're saying on the bull horn) in a public place. I think Rocky is the only one who actually beat a Russian and that guy was actually Swedish.  

VDOT 53.37 

Fruchtenstein

telling you to clear the area (or whatever they're saying on the bull horn)

What they are saying is truly remarkable: "Dear citizens, do not get in the way of the soldiers of internal security forces. They serve to provide for your safety. Most of them are conscripts, they are your sons. Be prudent".

rlopez

"I think Rocky is the only one who actually beat a Russian and that guy was actually Swedish.  "

Come on. Don't forget the wolverines.

Stay gold.

Just wanted to write: big rlopez fan for his wisdom.

Best,

mikeymike

Just wanted to write: big rlopez fan for his wisdom.

Best,

+1

Runners run