Weather widget (Read 198 times)

HermosaBoy

For some reason my weather widget keeps losing my location information?

Currently if I try to update it, I get an unknown error has occurred.

Running chrome Version 41.0.2272.89 m on Windows 8

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

eric :)

Hi Rob,

I just noticed it today.  I think the problem started within the last day or two.  The weather service is on the receiving end of a DDOS.  They're trying to fix the problem.  They provided a temporary workaround so I'm going to give that a try.

eric Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sort of related...for some reason my uploads from my Garmin Edge have always read only in ºC...and I don't see anywhere on the device to change this.  On RA I have my preferences set to display ºF.  Not a biggie, just have always wondered why this is.  Uploads from my Forerunner show ºF.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

I thought this was fixed for a few days, but it seems to have come back...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Rob,

I think the problem might be sporadic until the attack has fully subsided.  I checked just now and it seemed ok.

eric Smile

JohnPenrice

No matter what location I enter, I see "No weather station near this location" I live in a large metropolitan area (Detroit) with many weather stations, the nearest one (that used to display) is about a half mile from my home. Any suggestions?

Hi John,

I'll take a look.  It could be a bunch of things.  The most likely cause is the weather service I'm using is still not functioning properly after they were attacked.

eric Smile

Hoban-Jay

It's soradic for me.  I use two location (work and home)...right now they both appear fine.  Earlier today, I had the error John mentioned.  Any given day...since the DDoS at the weather site, it's been like this...one time I log evrything might be fine, the next...not so much.

waterfordrider

Team Effort

Eric,

I am getting the "No weather station near thi location" message.

Roger

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

Roger,

Could you send me your location via a private message?  Thanks.

eric Smile

runmichigan

The widget seemed to work off and on for me.  Some times when I come to RA I find my location is missing.  I put in Brighton, MI or Brighton, Michigan and it returns no weather stations message.  Other times it has saved the location and the weather from Brighton, Michigan is displayed.

shu_runner

The widget seemed to work off and on for me.  Some times when I come to RA I find my location is missing.  I put in Brighton, MI or Brighton, Michigan and it returns no weather stations message.  Other times it has saved the location and the weather from Brighton, Michigan is displayed.

I'm getting the same issue with my widget.  Currently, my location is there, but yesterday it was missing.  I haven't touched it.

I'm getting the same issue with my widget.  Currently, my location is there, but yesterday it was missing.  I haven't touched it.

Hi shu_runner,

I'll look into this.  Could you send me the location you would enter into the weather widget to me via a private message so I can use it for testing?

eric Smile

shu_runner

Hi shu_runner,

I'll look into this.  Could you send me the location you would enter into the weather widget to me via a private message so I can use it for testing?

eric Smile

Will do.  Thank you!

runmichigan

Just logged in to RA and the weather widget is not displaying the weather for Brighton, Michigan as I set it up to.  The weather widget was displaying the weather at about 8:00 AM Eastern this morning.