Map elevation profile (Read 124 times)

Joann Y

Just noticed today that the elevation profile isn't showing the hills that I ran unless I toggle the elevation button off and then back on. Was wondering if I had something set up weird in my options but can't find any way to change it.

Are you uploading via Garmin Connect?

If so click "Training log" then go to "Upload GPS Data". Click the "Garmin Connect" button, then click the little triangle next to "preferences."  Check the box that says "Replace GPS elevation data."

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You probably should run them again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Joann Y

You probably should run them again.

Almost had to. Got it figured out based on mikeymike's instructions. Didn't work right away so I deleted and reuploaded the file and also disconnected and reconnected Garmin Connect. Not sure which one of those things did the trick but I will not be running hill sprints again until next week thank god.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sure, sure. But that does not work on my Fenix2.

If so click "Training log" then go to "Upload GPS Data". Click the "Garmin Connect" button, then click the little triangle next to "preferences."  Check the box that says "Replace GPS elevation data."

Sure, sure. But that does not work on my Fenix2.

Please see Garmin Tech Support elsewhere. They are super helpful, by the way.

The Fenix has an altimeter so it should theoretically be way more accurate than GPS elevation anyway.

Runners run

Please see Garmin Tech Support elsewhere. They are super helpful, by the way.

The Fenix has an altimeter so it should theoretically be way more accurate than GPS elevation anyway.

You would think the altimeter would make it more accurate by my Fenix2 routinely reports 1.5-2X the elevation compared to other watches (including ones with altimeters) with elevation correction turned off.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yup, except it is not as good as the USGS elevation AND it takes me a few steps before it calibrates Often, it starts me around 10,000 feet elevation for about 15 feet, which totally screws up my RA log elevations.