Garmin 305 Information Please (Read 1272 times)

Best Present Ever

One feature that is great is "navigate back to start." I don't have the watch in front of me, so not sure of the menu path to get there. It is intuitive to find. I use it when I run over trails, and get completely lost in the woods. I also used it on vacation with my family. We parked our car, wandered around having a lot of fun, and then used the watch to find the car.
    I have some kind of map reading disorder I suppose. I've heard others say how great this feature is, but it doesn't make a bit of sense to me -- there's just a squiggly line on the screen, no map. How does that get me where I'm going? I swear I'm not really that stupid, but obviously have a big yawning hole in my brain for this thing.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow I just downloaded sports track. SO MUCH COOLER than motionbased's free account.
      How so?

Imminent Catastrophe

One feature that is great is "navigate back to start." I don't have the watch in front of me, so not sure of the menu path to get there. It is intuitive to find.
        I wish the 405 had this. It does have a return to start but it's straightline course, not backtracking the way you came.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow I just started using RunningAhead for my GPS SO MUCH COOLER than motionbased's free account.
          Fixed Wink
            I have some kind of map reading disorder I suppose. I've heard others say how great this feature is, but it doesn't make a bit of sense to me -- there's just a squiggly line on the screen, no map. How does that get me where I'm going? I swear I'm not really that stupid, but obviously have a big yawning hole in my brain for this thing.
            One interesting (annoying?) thing that happens when it finishes "navigating back to start" is the zoom level. It is way too far out. If you press the zoom button (I don't have the watch - it is the middle or bottom button on the right side) a dozen times it will zoom in. I think that may help.
              I wish the 405 had this. It does have a return to start but it's straightline course, not backtracking the way you came.
              That is too bad, and interesting the 405 seems to be a step back from the 305.